Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 07:51 PM
    New info on flea control
    Ran across this and thought others might find it interesting. The only question is... how do you vacuum a cat? :)

Cat fleas' journey into the vacuum is a 'one-way trip'
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 20, 2007, 05:09 AM
    My cat won't be in the same house when a vacuum cleaner is running, but I can vacuum my dog.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Boing, boing, boing, boing... There goes my crap detector. Never hurts to share info. I am skeptical. For starters, too good to be true. While a good vacuuming is usually suggested as the first step in cleaning up a flea infestion, it seldom is enough, often requiring a flea bomb. I know of no studies showing fleas surviving vacuuming a room with nothing in it but the carpet. However, most rooms are filled with other places for the fleas ot hide. Hummm, a study showing something that seldom works is highly effective? What is that down there in the lower right hand corner? It was paid for by a vacuum cleaner company?
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 08:08 AM
    I might add I have gotten to know what I know by being willing to look at new ideas. I am also willing to label nonsense as nonsense.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Well, they are publishing the study results in a refereed journal, and the study authors were surprised by the results they got as well. Now, the difference between "ideal" and real-life conditions will affect this, as they do most research. But still, most people have vacuums, so it's an easy thing for people to use to help control a flea situation.
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Vacuuming has long been one of the tools used in a flea infestation. It does not have the track record that study suggests it should, hence, my crap detector. I will wait for other studies not paid for by a vacuum cleaner company, to confirm the results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flea Infestation! [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Everyone OK my house is infested with fleas. It is nasty and gross. Help how do I get this under control. Oh yes opps forgot to tell you. We have five 8 week old kittens which we are about to give away soon. But they are infested with fleas. We also have 3 cats that are infested with...

My puppies have flea [ 2 Answers ]

My puppies were born on the 17th of sept and have fleas really bad. I want to know when I can use a flea shampoo on them.

Worm/Flea control - overlap of treatments? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Our puppy (cavoodle - 12 weeks old) is due for her flea control treatment soon, but is not due for her worm control in another 2 months. I would like to start using a 3 in 1 product - out of convenience. Is it OK if I started feeding her a 3 in 1 product such as Sentinel Spectrum now?...

Seeking info. For Remote Control for Combination VHS and DVD Player [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have a Symphonic combination VHS/DVD player (CWF804). The remote broke. Is there a "universal" type of remote that would work for this particular machine. I am overwhelmed with this subject and would like to know if someone can recommend a particular manufacturer's name of a remote that...

Flea bombing [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could help me out! I live in a 6 unit apartment buiilding, and the lady upstairs wants to bomb her apartment for fleas as well as the hall ways! And the landlord said that fine she just keep our doors closed! Shouldn't everyone leave the building , I have a 2 year old and...

View more questions Search