Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrszarlingo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 06:26 PM
    How to remove permanent hair coloring at home
    Dear Sir,Madam:

I need advice on removing a brown hair coloring from my hair. I have washed all the coloring out I can in the last 3 months. And I now have my gray/white hair grown out to about 3 inches from my scalp. I have about 4 inches of hair with the brown color still in my hair yet. I cannot afford a hairdresser to do it for me. I am unemployed and it costs about $150-175 to do color correction at a salon. I need to do this at home. I know there is a risk of damaging my hair,but I am tired of my hair looking so bad with the roots showing so much. I am tired of wearing a hat and sometimes even a wig if I have to go
    Somewhere. Not to mention, with winter here now, I need to wear a winter hat instead of baseball cap,as I get sick if I don't wear my winter hat/scarf combination. Please give me some advice on this issue. I will not blame you if anything bad happens to my hair,as it would be my doing not yours. I have been coloring my own hair now for years and never ran into a problem with permanent color like this before.My hair grows slowly,so it will take another 5-6 months before I could have all the tint trimmed out of my hair. I trim it myself every 6 weeks. Christmas is coming up and the hair crayon I have been using does OK, but not very thoroughly. It looks like a tube of lipstick, and you rub it on the hair roots. My gray/white hair still shows through it. Please help if you can. I would appreciate
    Any advice you can give.

Thank You,
    mrszarlingo
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 19, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Ma'am, I will need you to answer a couple questions in order for me to help you. Do you want to go gray? What is your desired hair color?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

How do I remove permanent hair dye? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently dyed my hair an auburn red ;) colour, and though I like the colour, it makes it feel somewhat unnatural and stringy. Is there any way to remove the colour to go back to natural softness of natural hair?- basically stripping the colour. Does anyone know any products or does it have to be...

How to remove Sun-In hair coloring? [ 4 Answers ]

I was searching for this on Google and happened across this site. Hopefully I can get a good answer! My natural haircolor is a dark brown. I have been using Sun-In for the past few years to lighten my hair to a strawberry blonde. But the upkeep is getting irritating because I have long, thick...

How to Remove/Fade Demi-permanent Hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I have been lightening my hair and coloring it different colors for years. About 3 months ago I bleached my hair to a blonde color, hated it and then ended up dying it with permanent hair color a light brown that is pretty close to my natural color. Then 1 month ago I used a dark brown...

HELP - Remove semi permanent hair color [ 5 Answers ]

I have a lot of grey hair and wanted to remove some of it - I went to a salon and used the semi permanent hair color that Supposedly George Clooney uses - It came out WAYYYYY too dark. Too much of a drastic change and now I want to remove most of it. I have tried Prell. (Nothing) I have...

View more questions Search