Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phoenirius Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2005, 11:44 AM
    Are these Values Correct for These Equations and/or how to do I check?
    Vertex AS Domain Range MIN/MAX
    Y=0.5x^2 (0,0) X=0 all real numbers y<=0 MIN = 0
    Y=0.5x^2-3 (0,-3) X=0 all real numbers y>=-3 MIN = -3
    Y=0.5(x+4)^2 (0.0) X=0 all real numbers y<=0 MIN =0
    Y=0.5(x+4)^2-3 (0,-3) X=0 all real numbers y>=-3 MIN = -3

Thanks!
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jan 5, 2006, 12:25 AM
    Start with the quadratic in the form y = a*x^2 + b*x + c. If the quadratic is not in that form, manipulate it until it is.

If a>0, the parabola is U-shaped; if a<0, the parabola is upside-down u-shaped.

If a>0, the minimum y value is at the point called the vertex. (If a<0, the maximum y value is at the point called the vertex.) The vertex (h,k) is found by calculating h = -b/(2a), and then substituting that x value to find the corresponding y value for k.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Present Values [ 16 Answers ]

Compute the present value of a $100 cash flow for the following combinations of discount rates and times: 1. r = 8 percent. T = 10 years. 2. r = 8 percent. T = 20 years. 3. r = 4 percent. T = 10 years. 4. r = 4 percent. T = 20 years.

Correct Capasitor values for replacement [ 1 Answers ]

My original 4 wire capacitor cooked itself at the blue wire site. The three values it has are red: 4uf,white: 4.5uf, and yellow:5uf. I can't find an exact replacement but the closest is one with 4.5, 5 and 5uf. Will this work in its place? Also, should I replace the switch as well as I don't...

Future Values [ 1 Answers ]

Compute the future value of a $100 cash flow for the following combinations of discount rates and times: r=8%. t=10 years r=8% t=20 years r=4% t=10 years r=4% t=20 years

View more questions Search