Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allison8979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2005, 10:48 AM
    Unemployed
    Hi,
    Im having a really hard time finding a job, I'm sending out my resume, I have had a few interviews, but notheing. I keep doing my resume over and over. Im giving up, I feel ill never get a decent job.

Thanks,
    Allison
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2005, 10:55 AM
    Job
    Well first, if you want to work, try contacting some temp agenies to start with, working and money coming in is better than none. And if you are in real need of a job, start looking at other jobs outside of your normal area.

Also contacts, who do you know that you used to work for, maybe some company you used to work for that may have some openings.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 23, 2005, 04:56 PM
    Need a job
    No matter how many resumes you put in never give up just keep looking.Have you tried any online jobfinders careerbuilder.com or monster.com even your local newspaper can hook you up to jobs in your area on line.keep trying don't quit now. Good luck!:cool:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2005, 07:40 AM
    Employment
    Hi,
    As another said, Don't Give Up!! Persistence is the key.
    After I was laid off, permanently, with others, it took 4 months to find another job. With my own situation, age played an important factor. It is a fact that anyone over 55, has a hard time finding a job; due to company insurance factors involved. But even over 55, there are some jobs out there.
    Do you have a State Employment Agency? Or Unemployment Agency? They will list jobs, maybe not the type you want for now, but worth a try.
    Even with 3 college degrees, I found that online job placement sites didn't work very well, but I never paid them any money, either! Maybe that's why they didn't work for me.
    I also kept an online Favorite for newspaper sites; reading the Classifieds for 3 of the fairly local papers, without actually going out and buying them.
    http://www.usnpl.com is one site I used to visit every morning.
    The main thing is, keep trying. I have read that the normal time to get a job is averaging 6 months now.
    Best of luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 24, 2005, 08:15 AM
    Need a job
    Also Yahoo hot jobs the more leads the better.:cool:
    pdaher Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 10:09 AM
    I looked for a part-time job near my home for over three years with no luck. One day I got a call from the management company for my condominium association because I was behind in my monthly dues. The manager called me to make payment arrangements and I explained that I was retired and looking for a job close to home to supplement my pension. By sheer luck, she happened to be looking for an assistant and she gave me a job! I got my dues caught up and I love working with her. Don't give up, you never know when you'll run into the right person.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Aug 17, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by allison8979
    Hi,
    Im having a really hard time finding a job, im sending out my resume, i have had a few interviews, but notheing. i keep doing my resume over and over. Im giving up, i feel ill never get a decent job.

Thanks,
    Allison
    Allison,
    Perhaps it is your resume. I have been in HR for a lot of years and there are some resume's that I just do not even look at because they are not correctly formatted and when you receive 60 for one job you pick out the best ones.

If you would like me to take a look at it, I would do that for you.

Shirley
    [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search