Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brittanycaesar58231 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 06:27 AM
    What can you do with a criminal record?
    What kind of jobs can you possibly receive with a criminal record?
    And if you move to another state and you apply for a job will your record show in that state also?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Hello brittany:

Yes, your record will follow you. You can do just about any job. There are some that require licenses that you may not be able to get. But you may be able to. I don't know what your conviction was for, and I don't know how old you are.

Course, if you're a sex offender, you're not going to get a job as a day care worker.

excon
    clinton mccoy Posts: 47, Reputation: 15

Dec 19, 2007, 08:03 AM
    You should try and get as much education as possible, school is the key! Most jobs are going to want at least 7 years clean, that's at the least. Unless your talking fast food. The road will not be easy so prepare yourself, just remember this is the consquences of our actions not someone else's fualt. Don't get me wrong there are people that will give you a chance, but you have to keep trying. The younger you are the better, also. Happy hunting keep your head up!
    Tracey.Malachi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Ihave a criminal record from eleven years ago.. Im getting my BA in Social Work will I be able to get a job working in the Social Services field? The charges were grand Larceny, 17 years ago shopliffting, and fraud
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 08:31 AM
    Hello T:

I think you'll find a job.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal Record [ 2 Answers ]

How to run a criminal background check, a full and detail one?

My criminal record [ 1 Answers ]

How would one find out what is listed on their criminal record?

Criminal Record? [ 5 Answers ]

In Toronto Canada I got the appearance notice and fingerprinted. On first appearance I was told to pay few $ to charity and after two day I was told your charge has been withdrawn/dismissed. Question: 1) Am I convicted? 2) Am I having criminal record? 3) Am I...

Criminal Record? [ 1 Answers ]

In Toronto Canada I got the appearance notice for theft under and cop allow me to go (no arrest), on appearance day my charge was withdrawn and asked me to pay to charity. My question is will I be having criminal record? I am 26 year old.

Criminal Record [ 1 Answers ]

I live in canada, when I was much younger I got caught shoplifting twice, two separate incidences... the first, had no consequences, I was fingerprinted and all the jazz and taken into a room and qeustioned and then I went home and that was the end of it... The second I had to do community...

View more questions Search