Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2005, 08:30 AM
    Info about CFA program ?
    Hi all, first of all let me say I'm sooo glad to have found this great place. Everyone is so curious and helpful.
    Iam a newbie here. Something about me, I've earned a bachelors degree in Accounting from India , But haven't actually worked in Accounting so far. But now I want to make career in AC. I think my Bachelors degree which now 6 yrs. Old may not be enough in today's market. That's why I'm trying to find some new program to get myself back on the track. Initially I'm leaning towards CFA. Any of you can give me any advice ? I can't attend a full time college because of my baby daughter. Mostly I'm going to have to study on my own. Would appriciate if you people give me some input about what's hot today and where I can get info. About CFA or any other recommended course.
    Thanks in advance.
    Tony2005 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Dec 26, 2005, 01:31 AM
    Hi
    Chartered Financial Analysts is no doubt a very good and powerful course in the field of Finance, almost next to Chartered Accountants. As a matter of fact, I had enrolled into this course few years back but couldn't complete it because of family crisis. The exams are extremely tough but the study materials they provide are world class.
    You need to decide what field you want to get into. Finance field includes
    > Banking
    > Investment banking
    > Corporate Finance
    > Project Finance
    > Investment Analysis
    > Stock market Analysis
    Etc
    You can visit their website and get all the information on the syllabus and accordingly plan your career. It will also depend on your present employment field.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2005, 02:24 AM
    I am a retired teacher .
    My specific subject was Financial Mamagement in the Management Course.

You need not go to college full time.
    But, you need to enroll for a part time course in a
    Technical and Advance Further Education Part Time course.

This is called the Management Course.

You need to be updated.
    You need to find some part time work for experience.

I wish you all the very best.

Rolcam
    Roland camilleri B.Ec. FCPA.
    Sydney australia.
    Anu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 11:47 AM
    Thank you for your replies TONY2005 and ROLCAM.
    I went through various websites and understood that it is a very demanding course. I don't know if I can handle it because of my daughter.
    Can you suggest any other options, so that I can select what suits me.
    Thanks

Happy New Year !
    Tony2005 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Dec 27, 2005, 09:16 PM
    CFA is one tough cookie to crack. It comprised of more than 15 subjects with 6 hour exams each. First, you need to understand where you want to head looking at the present employment field. Accordingly, you can decide on how the course and your working experience will compliment each other.
    gangakumar Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 10:09 PM

Hai..
    Myself ganga kumar.I am MBA (FINANCE & MARKETING) student. I had appired last semester examination of mba.and I am waiting final result.
    I want to know which course is better than for job for me. Also I did B.COM, M.COM
    Please help me for choosing course
    GANGA KUMAR
    [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need quick info [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for information on a lost work of art, now in my possession. The artist is Gean Smith, famous for paintings of racing horses. The work is in some black and white medium; is approximately 14x22; in a plain wooden frame with glass; is signed and dated 1911. The content is of a race in...

Need some info [ 3 Answers ]

Hello; What website , can I go 2 , for senior citizens . Thank you Joseph21

Info. On W-7 form / TIN# [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got married and wife joined me in Virginia on H-4 visa. I was on H1-B for full year 2005. I moved to Florida state and was part-year resident in Virginia (9 months). So how to fill the VA state tax return since it also requires Spouse's SSN # ? Should I attach the copy of W-7 form which...

View more questions Search