Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike0311 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Key stuck
    I have a 2005 Dodge Stratus and the key got stuck in the ignition and I can't get it out, also its been getting stuck in park and I have to force it out almost to the point of breaking the shifter please help.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Dec 31, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Am no mechanic but here is my experience with similar issue on a different make and model. Had item lodged under the gear shift (this was an automatic transmission) that kept the vehicle locked in park or some other gear and consequently could not remove the key but it would start, just couldn't change from park to drive. I lifted the gear cover, removed the item lodged in the mechanism. Second, try pressing harder than normal on the break and moving the gear shilf from whatever drive to PARK while at the same time turning the ignition key. If those fail, looks likes there's an issue inside the ignition switch where the key goes.
    travy126 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Your shift lock is mest up you need to take it in and get it checked

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck in between [ 2 Answers ]

Well after knowing how to do it, I caught myself in that same mess others have been in. I have a rental house, The renters were current though last month but have not paid this month, due on the first late charges take effect on the 5th. The people don't seem to be living there, the...

I'm stuck [ 4 Answers ]

I managed to find a record in a 1930 census showing my great grandfather is a William Naratzka born 1851 in Germany. That is the ONLY reference I can find for him and I have no idea of his wife's name. I have went though sites all day and am getting no where. Anyone have a suggestion? His...

Stuck [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have a problem I have an amazing boyfriend but sometimes he gets pissed or if he is having a bad day he takes it out on me and is the biggest jerk. And I don't know and then today I went to the bowling ally and my best friend invited my ex who still really likes me and seeing him again...

Stuck- [ 1 Answers ]

A horizontal rifle is fired at a bull's eye. The muzzle speed of the bullet = 670 m/s. Barrell is pointed directly at the center of the bull's eye- the bullet hits the target 0.025 m below the center. What is the horizontal distance between the end of the rifle and the bull's eye? I need a...

View more questions Search