Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kapnkurt07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Reguarding; Felony Convictions
    Can you join any military branch if you have a felony conviction?????:confused:
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 06:38 PM
    You would need a waiver. Contact your local recruiter. Army would be the best bet, Navy second.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Will depend on what the felony is, as noted you will need a waiver,
    Fastfun1 Posts: 80, Reputation: 11

Dec 22, 2007, 08:06 PM
    Absolutely, but as mentioned earlier, you will need a waiver. Army, Navy and USMC are more tolerant; the Air Force not as much. Keep in mind, the US military is nowhere near hitting its recruitment quotas. Furthermore, recruiters granted a record number of felony waivers for year 2006, which will more than likely be trumped by 2007. Make sure that you are honest with your recruiter. Do not hide anything. The military runs a very thorough background check; the FBA NCIC screening. With that said, good luck!! :)
    adthern Posts: 282, Reputation: 28

Dec 23, 2010, 06:31 AM

Potentially, you could have it sealed/expunged (rules vary by jurisdiction). Typically if it's a juvenile felony, minor in nature, a judge will seal it for the purpose of entering the military, the recruiters are the experts on getting around these kinds of rules.

There's always the french foreign legion... they prefer felons ;-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long do convictions stay on your licence for in the uk? [ 2 Answers ]

Please could any one tell me how long these blasted convictions will stay on my licence for I've had them on there for at least 3 yrs since date of conviction and I don't know if I have to declare them any more. I have two IN's and 2 LC please some one help me kez. Bournemouth

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

Americans entering the Philippines with prior convictions? [ 1 Answers ]

Can an american enter the Philippines with prior convictions?? I have a valid passport and obtainone several years ago with no problem but that was before 9/11 so I was thinking about traveling to asia and wanted to know about Philippines ,singapore,thailand and australia also? but mainly...

Military Convictions Expunged? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was convicted at his General Court-Martial of assult by battery, conspiracy with 3 unidentified co-conspiritors and fraternization. He was reduced from E5 to E1, lost all pay and allowances, is serving the first month of his one year and one day sentence and will be receiving a Bad...

View more questions Search