Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Dec 22, 2005, 03:54 PM
    Christmas Music
    Just curious as it's the festive season to know what xmas songs people like,or hate the most.Everywhere I go,Slade's Merry xmas Everybody,which must have sold about 100 billion copies since 1973,seems to be played everywhere.Perhaps one of the best anti-war songs to be played at some time over xmas,is Jona Lewi's Stop the Cavalry,1981.It tells of a soldier in the trenches of WW1,who just wants to go home to his girlfriend,and family.The one track which makes me run to the sick bag is Bing Crosby's White Christmas,1944 (sorry).
    Traditional carols are fine,but as a scrooge,and hum bug,I prefare Paul Weller,Eric Clapton,and Joss Stone :D

I love xmas really :p
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2005, 04:09 PM
    Music
    My wife is a Christian musican and has her own music albumn out.

So I have to say it is her music I like the most.

Dec 22, 2005, 05:32 PM
    Xmas Music
    I must admit Graham Kenderick,here in the UK has been around for years,and he is very popular in churches up and down the land.I first heard of him through the Alpha course,started by Nicky Gumble,at Holy Trinity Brompton.Nicky Gumble's web link can be found here:

http://alphacourse.org/students/runn...ro/default.htm

Excellent news about your wife.I hope her album does well :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2005, 07:13 PM
    Album
    Yes it has done real well for a private release.

www.toniklughart.com

She does a lot of sings at local events and state wide at a lot of church and elderly events
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Dec 22, 2005, 07:24 PM
    I'm dreaming of...
    First how can you not like bing crosby's white christmas, I think it is such a beautiful song, but to each his own, anyway I know I might get heat for this one but I just can't help think of christmas songs and not think of "Grandma got run over by a reindeer", for me I find it hiliarious and I have it on cd, also blue christmas by elvis presely, and silver bells which has been covered by many artists by I like elvis's and garth brook's covers the best.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2005, 03:35 AM
    I like all of the old slow/solemn ones, but have never been a fan of the Jingle Bells types of songs.

There's a couple newer ones out that I really love the Choral versions of:

Breath of Heaven
    And
    Mary Did You Know?

We have a fantastic local Christian music station - and they stream live if any of you have a shortage in your area: www.1049theriver.com
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2005, 05:39 AM
    Being a singer - xmas is a great time of year to sing my heart out.

I have a few fav's
    1- walking in the air - from the snowman
    2 - Have yourself a merry little xmas
    3 - Winter Wonderland
    4 - White Xmas
    5 - Santa Claus is coming to town
    6 - Rudolph the red nosed reindeer

5 & 6 are two of my childhood fav's - the other's are the ones I sing well and adore.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 23, 2005, 09:53 AM
    I like all the old christmas carols from when I was a kid. That one song, Chestnuts roasting on an open fire? That's just not right. :(

Dec 23, 2005, 10:23 AM
    Just for Holly,and all other kids at heart
    Visit the link,and scroll down to the bottom of the page.Click-on either Real Player,or Windows Media Player.You can choose High,Or Low stream,depending on your internet connection speed.
    Happy xmas :D

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/home...owmanx07x12x05
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2005, 11:14 AM
    I've always liked the Boney M Christmas album, and I also like the Christmas Carols sung by the Crashtest Dummies. The Barenaked Ladies new holiday stuff is pretty cool too! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tell us what you got for christmas [ 25 Answers ]

Get any good gifts? Did you get what you asked for or was it a complete surprise?

Christmas Organising [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any good software for creating Christmas card lists that can also print envelopes / labels and is compatible with Outlook address book

Christmas surprise! [ 17 Answers ]

Hello all. I know I am still a newbie, but I hope you can all help me out. My story: On Christmas day, which right now is about 5 or 6 days, I am planning on flying out to my fiance's house (already got the ticket, know what I'm bringing, etc... ) to surprise him for Christmas, and for our 4 1/2...

Christmas is almost here [ 4 Answers ]

As Christmas is almost here, what are you looking forward to the most? We are putting up our tree Sunday after church; it is a tradition, to do this on the second Sunday of the month. I can never wait to get it in the house. We always cook a large meal and invite friends and family to eat and...

Christmas [ 92 Answers ]

I was wondering what peoploe think about organizations like the ACLU trying to get christian icons removed from public schools. They go as far as saying that even the colors red and green count as icons for christmas and should not be used. It seems to me they are a bunch of people who fight for...

View more questions Search