Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrakeMAN5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2007, 03:26 PM
    violated my probation
    I am 20 and I got a dui in August my 1st offense and in court I received a fine and had to attend class for driver intervention. I have been paying off my fine but I had not rescheduled my class time or paid for it, I forgot to, my mind was on other things because of having two family members dying. The summons I received said that because of violation I have been suspended 3 days in jail for 3 years. What does the 3 years mean? Later on in the summons it says again if non compliance occurred the sentence of 3 days will be imposed. If I get my court date rescheduled and finish everything I had before I return to court will it help get off the violation? Will the judge be understanding of the deaths in my family?

I have also committed myself into joining the marine corps I have all my papers filled, my physical done, and scored high on my asvab(military aptitude). The only thing left is to sign the contract, but I can't do it until all this is figured out. I want to become a new person and make something of myself. With the judge knowing how dedicated I am into joining the marines will he see that as me learning from this and wanting to become a better person, because I know that it is going to change my outlook on life I've seen what its done to some friends. Should I include this in my court date will it help my cause?
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2007, 03:38 PM
    You should contact the court directly (as soon a possible) and ask to have the matter explained. Possibly ask to discuss the matter with the judge or his assistant, and see what arrangements can be done. If you have a lawyer go with them... If you have a parent who can assist in this meeting, have them go along when you are trying to resolve the issues.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 17, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Do the marines know of the DUI, this still outstanding can be an issue, esp now with a probation violation.

But yes telling the judge this will help in most cases, now you get a liberal judge who hates the US and things that the war is wrong, it won't help
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2007, 03:55 PM
    You might even ask your recruiter to help you sort this one out... after all he may be the one to get a bonus from your entry in the Marines... He won't want to lose that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Patient Rights Violated What can I do [ 11 Answers ]

ABout a month ago I was admitted to ER room, in which I was restrained/secluded illegally, I know I was after researching and being in the medical field myself, I filed a complaint against the hospital, The state investigated my concerns and found that the hospital in fact was in violation to...

Violated probation for marj. Possession charge 2nd. [ 2 Answers ]

Now sure if you can help with the possibilites of the outcome, but my boyfried was charge a yr ago for marj. Possession 2nd here in Alabama. His sentence of 1yr was suspended, but he continuously failed his drug tests and was then ordered to go to rehab. He did not attend either then had to...

How long before I can get violated [ 2 Answers ]

I am on probabtion for about 6 more months, but I received a DWI in June and was found guilty in July. At the time my PO said she wouldn't violate me. Now she came to me yesterday and said she was going to violate me, isn't there like 48 hrs or something after I get convicted that she has to...

Violated my probation... [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here's what's going on I got put on probation for six months for a PI( public intoxication) charge. Well I told my probation officer I had a drinking problem and he told me he'de make me go to a 12 hour class which I can't attend until december* its full until then*. Also he's making me go to...

View more questions Search