Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bailey629 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Selling home without informing beneficiaries
    There was property left to myself and siblings by my parents. I just found out that it was sold and I was not informed (until after deal was done and money paid). Could the executor (sibling) done this without my signature or my knowledge. What can I do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2007, 05:33 AM
    Hello bailey:

I don't believe he can. I would see a lawyer.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 17, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Actually he probably can. Property that was left to heirs in a will is first placed into the estate of the deceased. The executor of that estate has the power to manage the assets of the estate. The executor can sell off assets without the permission of the beneficiaries under the will if necessary (except for assets specifically left to an individual).

What you can do is demand an accounting of the estate. You are entitled to one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My landlord is selling her home. [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Alabama. I have been renting the house I'm in for 9 months. My landlord just told me today that she has put her house on the market awhile ago. What is the maximum amount of time do I have to stay in this house since she didn't put me out. And do I owe her rent for the next month if I do...

Selling your Home [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to sell your home if it is named in your bankruptcy?

Selling home [ 1 Answers ]

I realize I ask this question earlier in the wrong place. Is it possible to sell your home if it is listed in your bankruptcy?

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

View more questions Search