Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spyyder Posts: 35, Reputation: -2

Dec 21, 2005, 04:37 PM
    Small script require... please help
    I have a new accounts section, where each person has his own driectory on my website (e.g. www.blank.com/thepersonname). How do I make a box (lets call it "box1") where the person enters his user name in (e.g. "yoyoyo123" - again in "box1") and a button (lets call it "button1") that makes the persons browser go to the address www.blank.com/yoyoyo123 (basically the pre-given website, followed by the text in "box1").

I am using frontpage and dreamweaver by the way.:o
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2005, 03:18 AM
    Here's a very simple way of doing it:
    Code:
    <form name="redirectForm">
    <input type="text" name="test"/><br/> <!-- This is your box for the name -->
    <input type="button" name="Go" value="Go" onclick="window.location='https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/'+ document.redirectForm.test.value"/> <!-- Clicking this button will send you to "https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/" followed by whatever was in the box -->
    </form>
    spyyder Posts: 35, Reputation: -2

Dec 31, 2005, 09:31 AM
    Thx man.. ill try it out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Universities that don't require gre and toefl scores [ 10 Answers ]

Are there any universities in US which don't require gre and toefl scores... if there are any can u give me the list of those universities Thanq

I urgently require this stupid stuff [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell what is the diameter of eden garden,kolkata?

Require a website for UK price comparison [ 3 Answers ]

Hiya, very new to this site which looks brill... I need to find somewhere that can tell me prices in 1985 in the UK (prices of bread, milk, beer, newspapers etc etc) so that I can use the information for a birthday book that I am composing for someone. I would really appreciate someone telling...

Does Texas law require 30 or 60 days notice to move out [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter signed a one year lease due to expire on June 10th. She is moving to another state and gave notice on May 9th, which is 30 days. She was told that her contract said 60 days notice is required, so she would need to pay another 2 month's rent (approximately 1200.00). She has fulfilled...

Require Help With Maually Setting Up Cpu [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I'm a litlle lost with the whole bios aspect of computers and need guidance I recently bought s AMD ATHLON 2400+ (socket A) with my new motherboard ASUS A7V600-X (I have checked with manufactuers these components do work together(NORMALLY)) however in bios its settings are 1500, 2000, 2500,...

View more questions Search