Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julienjimmie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Almost 13 and struggling
    Hi. I'm new to this and want to ask about my daughter. She is almost 13, with all new friends that I don't know, and has recently been diagnosed with add. Her grades and organization are bad, but Tuesday we started her on medication for add and are hoping that it will make a difference. My problem is this... she and I recently found out that a couple of her male friends are using drugs.. prescription as well as drinking and smoking pot. She seemed very upset about it, and didn't believe it at first. But now I don't know if I'm being paranoid or what, but twice now she's seemed like she's been stoned. Not crazy or anything just her eyes were dilated and red and she seemed subdued. We have a really close relationship (I think) and I want to think that she wouldn't do that but I don't know. What should I do? I am afraid of breaking her trust in me by accusing her of something.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Can you say, "Sweetie, you haven't seemed like yourself lately. You've been unusually subdued. Your eyes have been red and 'way too big. What's going on? You know I love you and want you to be healthy. Do you feel ok?" or some such?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Struggling and suicidal [ 4 Answers ]

I posted the :What should I do now I have no one and nothing? Im so struggling, he's on my mind all the time and I so badly want to talk to him but I know I shouldn't, I'm struggling and I'm self harming more than usual because of it :(

Struggling with housebreaking [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, New member I need to know what is the right way to house break my seven week old miniature dachshund I have read book after book some say let him in and out of the crate some say make him stay in there all day except to eat and potty but he has already using it in his crate I Don't KNOW WHAT...

Struggling with decision [ 9 Answers ]

I am 39 years old, divorced, and have 3 teenage children 14-18. I have had a difficult time regulating my periods on the pill. Recently the doctor changed my pill to a lower dosage. I have continued to spot and bleed in between. THis month I needed to start taking a new pack of pills and had not...

Anyone else struggling? [ 25 Answers ]

Hi all. I know that most of us here are going through breakups and I wonder if anyone else has been going through periods of feeling like you are over it one week, then tempted to contact your ex the next week? I am just going through a cycle lately where one minute I will feel that I am over him...

View more questions Search