Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drift_tokyo Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 03:46 PM
    My dad said my coil from civic 93 is weak because seen yellow spark, replace?
    My dad said my coil from disturbator is very weak, it sparking yellow when I start cranking we did test it all seems so normal but about 20,000 ohm testing the coil positive and negative is kind of out of range from 12,000 to 20,000 ohms, should I replace it? Or is there any way I can repair it? We did connect with coil through sparking wires plugs and my dad use driver in the plug and no sparking at all, must be a bad coil. Is that right?:confused:
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 16, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drift_tokyo
    My dad said my coil from disturbator is very weak, it sparking yellow when i start cranking we did test it all seems so normal but about 20,000 ohm testing the coil postive and negative is kinda out of range from 12,000 to 20,000 ohms, should i replace it? or is there any way i can repair it? we did connect with coil throught sparking wires plugs and my dad use driver in the plug and no sparking at all, must be a bad coil. Is that right?:confused:
    That resistance is outside of spec:
    IGNITION COIL RESISTANCE [at 70°F (20°C)]:
    Primary:
    Between the A and B terminals 0.6 - 0.8 Ohms
    Secondary:
    Between the A and secondary winding terminals 13,200 - 19,800 Ohms

But if you're spark is not blue and aggressive, check ignition dwell (if adjusatable) and battery voltage. Yellow spark is a weak spark, and may misfire under load.
    drift_tokyo Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 11:41 PM
    We did recharge the battery and jump start too. What you mean misfire under load what should I do? Please help me to find out what should I do? Because I need it running before end of the month. My dad said he checked everything wires and stuff fuel pump still good and smell gas and everything test all was fine and my dad said I should buy coil ingiton should I buy it? Or something else?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do need to know to replace 2000 Taurus Duratec 3.0 spark plugs? [ 3 Answers ]

The engine trembling after my replacement

94 Civic - No start, weak spark, belt noise. [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 94 Civic LX 1.5L 16V with about 150k miles. I let it sit in my driveway while I was out of town for almost 3 weeks. I came back to start and no luck. It just cranks and cranks with the belts making a lot of squeal. I smell gas at the tail pipe, and loosened the bolt on the outlet side of...

Weak spark [ 3 Answers ]

Hi al again Had some trobble with my fuel p ump but sorted that out but now the car still won't start as there is a "week" spark from the leads. I got a second hand dizzy and replaced the cap and rotor. Also replaced plugs to no effect. Can anyone shed anylight on this? Kash

View more questions Search