Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahmer75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 03:00 PM
    find the probability
    In a study of 685 cars in a parking lot, there were only 3 different types: sedan,sports car and mini van. 211 of the cars were mini vans. Use this information to estimate the probability of choosing a car that is a sedan or sports car.
    scheetah25 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 08:30 PM
    211 out of 685 is approximately 30% of the total... personally I would say about 1/3. (You can find this out by dividing 211 by 685 and you will get a decimal - - then move it over two places to the right and you now have a percentage to work with.)

Knowing that... 2/3 of the vehicles are left - - -so they must be sedans or sports cars if they are not minivans.

Signed... previous Math teacher

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

HOW can I find old age homes in BARRIE Ontario? I need to find my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, just wondering if someone could find me a listof them all, thanks!

Probability [ 1 Answers ]

the probability that an adult was never married is 15%. In a random survey of 10 adults, what is the probability that at least 8 were married

Probability [ 1 Answers ]

2000 applicants aged 18-25. Drug users non-drug users Positive test results 297 34 Negative test results 3 1666 An applicant has positive test results? An applicant tests positive and uses drugs?...

Probability [ 2 Answers ]

License plate numbers consist of two letters followed by a four-digit number, such as SB7893 or AY1042. How many different plates are possible if letters can be repeated but digits cannot, and the four-digit number must be greater than 5500. The answer to this question is 1,514,240. ...

View more questions Search