Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olivea765 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 12:22 PM
    India's democracy
    What do you think the future hold's for India's democracy?

They still face issues such as : Overpopulation, poverty, and internal instability from time to time. Will this affect the country's ability to maintain it's independence?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 09:46 AM
    I think democracy will continue to grow and thrive in the most populous democracy in the world. With an expanding economy and democracy I think the future looks great for India.

All the problems you cite are shared by other nations but India will be better equipt to deal with them.

I think it was important that democracy did not demand radical changes in Indian culture. Change has and will continue to progress over time. National modernization, not radical egalitarian promises has been promised and is slowly being delivered That has led to democracy continuing there where it has failed in other neighboring nations.
    anonyous Posts: 5, Reputation: 1
    -

Feb 1, 2008, 01:40 AM
    I live in India myself - Ive seen how Democracy has been misrepersented in INdia.The political scenario in India is quite pathetic - it is chaotic.None of the Government's five year plans work.Things are only going from worse to worser.I really fear what the future holds for India -Theres too much of everything in India.That is the reason why so many people in India settle in foreign lands.
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Feb 4, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by olivea765
    What do you think the future hold's for India's democracy?

They still face issues such as : Overpopulation, poverty, and internal instability from time to time. Will this affect the country's ability to maintain it's independence?
    The largest democracy in the World - and functioning. Well it should answer your question. INTERNAL INSTABILITY- I cannot think where you heard that. Never has the democracy itself been under threat. It has only been 60 years since its independence give it time.
    The other problems you mention have nothing to do with it being democratic.

Feb 9, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yedhulaprakash
    Democracy is for the people, by the people and of the people. But in India it is
    far the people, buy the people and off the people.
    It is humourous. But well it is "Government" & not "Democracy" for the people... Then again it is the people who have no ethics and principles who are being bought out. It comes down to every individual who elect the Goernment -no point in blaming the Democratic process.
    The initial question was whether the country could maintain its independence and democracy. I very much think so and in decades to come, perhaps better than most.
    -

Feb 15, 2008, 01:18 AM
    If your simply trying to relentlessly defend your country, think twice -I won't call the democracy in India 'democracy' - I will call it 'chaos' -whether it is cental government -whether it is state government -whether it is municipal corporation's

Feb 15, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anonyous
    If your simply trying to relentlessly defend your country, think twice -I wont call the democracy in India 'democracy' - I will call it 'chaos' -whether it is cental government -whether it is state government -whether it is municipal corporation's
    And may I ask what YOU are doing about it if at all you are doing anything?
    -

Feb 19, 2008, 01:20 AM
    Im doiing everything I can as a citizen , but a lot of others are'nt - so there,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charaterics of democracy [ 2 Answers ]

List and explain the 5 charaterics of democracy

British vs. American Democracy [ 28 Answers ]

British Democracy does not have the distinct separation of powers as American Founders of its Constitution thought imperative. The Prime Minister’s power is derived solely from the Party that placed him in office, where the President does not have to follow Party Policy. Given that Party Policy is...

Republic or democracy [ 2 Answers ]

Are we a Republic or Democracy, I seems are should be a Republic, as stated in the Pledge of Allegiance. "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." Does anyone...

View more questions Search