Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    local 772 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Are shop stewards allowed to be lead hands
    Our shop steward and . Shop steward were both made lead hands shortly after being
    Elected. I would like to know if anyone thinks that this would be a conflict of interest?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 05:25 PM
    I think so but I have never joined a union, so I called my oldest brother, who does work in a union job. He said that it should not happen that way but who are going to complain to, about what looks inappropriate? Your shop steward? Not too likely. Who can you ask, at your job? Has anyone else voiced this concern?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Any union member can be a shop steward, so as long as the position is a union one, then unless your union has some specific issue with that, there is little you can do.

You can go over the shop stewards head, I forget the name, but there should be a business agent person who comes in from the union office, you can contact them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Management union shop stewards?! [ 2 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, My place of employment, the Toms River branch of the Ocean County Library system in Ocean County, New Jersey already has union representation, but I have some concerns which I would like to ask you about. My main concerns are that not only are our immediate supervisors...

My hands [ 2 Answers ]

:) does anyone know what it means or wats wrong when my hands get really hot at times like my hands will be fine on day and like maybe a few days later they'll be really hot and my feet will do it sometimes to so does anyone knows what that means:)

How thick is the lead in a lead joint [ 2 Answers ]

Im getting ready to take the Indiana pluming test and I was wanting to know how thick the lead Is suppose to be in the hub of the cast iron.

Why is this allowed? [ 7 Answers ]

There are reports that once the rescue of people is done, the National Guard has orders to shoot any stray animal on site. Animals are starving. They swim to rescue boats and are being turned away because the boats are for people, yet the rescuers for animals are not allowed to rescue them. ...

View more questions Search