Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerico1030 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Craftsman 14.5 42 inch riding lawn mower gear sector
    How do you replace the gear sector22 teeth on craftsman riding lawn mower?
    Millii Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 11:46 AM
    I have a 15.5 hp mtd lawn tractor. When I turn the switch to start it. The starter is very slow to turn over-like it is time delayed. Also, When I engage the blade, the moter stays strong but the tractor acts like the blade is not engaged.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jerico1030
    How do you replace the gear sector22 teeth on craftsman riding lawn mower?
    Remove the nut from the bottom side, under the frame. Pull steering wheel and shaft upward, remove the sector, reverse directions to install. It often helps to remove the battery and battery tray to gain better access to this area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Mower 23 Kohler hp 24 inch deck [ 11 Answers ]

I recently went out to mow my lawn with this otherwise reliable machine. I pulled the PTO clutch switch to engage the blades. They started to rotate and I was on my way, for about 30 seconds and then the blades stopped rotating. The motor runs perfectly yet the drive unit for the blade belt does...

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

How do I change a gear sector on a Riding Lawn mower? [ 2 Answers ]

I Bought a replacement gear sector for a craftsman riding lawn mower, Model # 917.271530. I have the lawn mower apart but cannot remove the old steering support staff or the gear sector. I am not able to remove the shaft asm pitman from the steering bracket. Please help! Thanks

Craftsman 20.0 electric start 42 inch automatic lawn tractor mower clutch [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Craftsman 20.0 hp electric start 42" mower automatic lawn tractor Model 917.270940 and it appears the cable that allows you to engage the blades has broken. How do you either fix this problem or do we need to purchase a new cable. If we need a new cable how is it installed... I need...

Craftsman 14.5 hp riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

I bought it used it seemed OK,but now I have loss of power.I NOW have a brand new battery.What can I do to the engine or carburator to fix problem?How do I properly adjust carb?Should I overhaul the engine?I haven't found a rebuild kit for my B&S engine(14.5) Any help would be great.Somone told me...

View more questions Search