Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maddhatter Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2005, 11:08 PM
    Social studies
    Which of the following was true of feudalism?

A - peasants owned the lands they farmed.
    B - local lords exercised great power.
    C - the king exercised absolute power.
    D - the king had no real power.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 21, 2005, 12:47 AM
    The answer is b, " local lords exercised great power." In feudalism, a lord has aristocratic rank and claims dominion over a portion of land and the produce and labour of the serfs living thereon.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2005, 06:03 AM
    The word feudal comes from a Latin term for fief. The fief was the estate or land granted by a lord in return for a vassal's loyalty and service. Some fiefs were large enough to support one knight.

The answer is B.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Studies in marine biology [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My daughter is presently studying in 12th grade in india. She is very much interested in marine biology. She has a tremendous liking for the waterworld, dolphins etc and wants to build up her career in the same field. Kindlyl let me know the scope for the same and if there is any career in...

Social studies [ 3 Answers ]

Woodland Indians may have used hunting grounds as boundaries between groups. What kinds of things have other people used to make boundaries? Choose a country and research this question. (teacher asked for 2 paragraphs on what we laerned I'm in the 5th grade and stuck... help :confused: )

Social Studies [ 3 Answers ]

Which of the following effects of the Neolithic agricultural revolution would be considered the MOST long-term? A growth in population B acquiring more possessions C more interaction among communities D loss of status for women

View more questions Search