Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greatdi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Why do many developong countries have a balance of trade deficit?
    Why do many developing countries have a balance of trade deficit?
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Dec 15, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Good afternoon...
    Great question and I hope I can shed some light on this for you. I will however, simplfy this idea to make it make more sense.

First you must keep in mind that balance of trade includes both exports and imports. The two combined form what's called a balance of trade. The balance of trade is one part of an account, if you will. A lot like our checking accounts we use here. We import and export money out of that account.

Developing countries struggle with numerous issues, most new countries would. Everything from accurate accounting to proper plans in place to measure the systems being used. Much like when we balance our own checking accounts as young adults. It's trial and error. The diffference here, as I over-simpfly, is they are dealing with a lot bigger numbers and other factors than you and I do.

The trade balance is identical to the difference between a country's outsource and its domestic demand, which does not include money re-spent on foreign stocks, nor does it factor the concept of importing goods to produce for the domestic market.

As I mentioned above now spin this with trying to measure and use correct accounting cab be extremely problematic. As an illustration of this problem, when official data for all the world's countries are added up, exports exceed imports by a few percent; it appears the world is running a positive balance of trade with itself. This cannot be true, because all transactions involve an equal credit or debit in the account of each nation. The discrepancy is widely believed to be explained by transactions intended to launder money or evade taxes, smuggling and other visibility problems. However, especially for developed countries, accuracy is likely to be good.

Hope this helps...
    snehithan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 12:01 AM
    Dear Life 1973

US's is accounting huge deficit every year in Trade balace which is highest in the world, but how it is economic super power of the world.
    ashmoru Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 01:22 PM

Hai snehitan
    1,Interest payment on dollar transactions around the world.
    2, Since FDI inflow is highest for US. Thus credit available for usage by the population was huge. For example US population overspend 3times their disposable income last year.
    3, Since liquidity is available in the market aggregate demand increases & hence the aggregate supply has to increase to hit a equilibrium on natural real GDP.
    4, Since the demad increases the price increases and hence the market valuation for the assets.
    It just goes on and on. Your question can be answered keeping different views by different people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creating balance sheet from trial balance [ 10 Answers ]

I am having issues getting a balance sheet to come out right from the given data from a trial balance. Can anyone help me out with this? I have included a picture of what I am working on...

Attention Deficit Disorder in children [ 1 Answers ]

Have you used Synaptol in the treatment of ADD or ADHD.:rolleyes:

Foreign Income in two diff countries . But paid tax already in those countries [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am resident alien for Tax Yr 2006. I earned some income in Singapore (3 months) and In India (3 month) in Yr 2006. I guess, I can claim foreign tax credit for India as I am citizen of India and I pass 12 months test. But In Singapore I was on for 5 consecutive months and out of that only...

View more questions Search