Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hana-banna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 01:43 PM
    History on computer
    :confused: how o I access my computer history without having to download a load of crap?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2007, 02:04 PM
    What exactly do you mean by "computer history" ?
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Your question is not clear
    Zayne S Halsall Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

Dec 16, 2007, 04:12 AM
    As the previous two answers may indicate, your question is unfortunately very vague and open to interpretation, given the vastness of the field of computing and IT. In an effort to help you I will attempt to give you an answer using best-guess assumptions:

- since you are asking this question in the "Computers for Beginners" category, I will assume you are using one of Microsoft's Windows operating systems;

- as Windows XP is still the most popular/common operating system used by web surfers (e.g. http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp), I will assume you are using it;

- you don't specify what you mean by "computer history", so I can only assume you mean either that of the operating system itself, or perhaps one of its applications - also, since the Net is becoming so Web-oriented, you could be speaking of your browser.

From an operating system standpoint, people generally mean the most recently accessed documents when speaking of the "history". In Windows XP, this is accessed via the Start -> My Recent Documents menu item (if this item can't be found in your Start menu, right-click on the Start button, select Properties from the context menu that appears, then make sure the "Start menu" radio button is selected and click on the Customize... button; under the Advanced tab at the bottom is a checkbox that says "List my most recently opened documents" - make sure it is ticked).

From a general application standpoint, most Windows applications will have their own "recent documents" list of some sort - either with its own sub-menu flyout, or with a separate section listing these files. Most applications having this list would have it under the "Files" menu item.

Web browsers generally have a history list of some sort, generally more detailed than most other applications. Both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox have history "bars", which open up in a side panel of the browser window, showing the links visited by timeframe - usually in days and weeks. To access this bar in either browser, the most quick method is to hit the Ctrl and H keys simultaneously.

Should none of this information help you in any way, or be remotely what you intended asking for, perhaps you should consider rewording your question. If you were looking for more detailed information than that, then unfortunately the likelihood is you will have to download and install some other application to get it, assuming that which you are looking for is actually stored on your machine.
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Did u mean to cheek your computer history if it is click on my computer, open and clickon view scroll down to explorer bar and click on histoty
    stmarks Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2010, 01:18 PM

I was trying to see what websites he was using to give me an idea of where I can find him.thank u

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer history [ 3 Answers ]

How do I access my computer history

Access history on computer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I access history on the computer showing what was access chronologically?

Computer history [ 2 Answers ]

Please tell me computer evolution since Babbage Ist design of computer

Computer history [ 4 Answers ]

How can I check the history on a computer (specifically the internet usage) when the history (under the regular history button on the title bar -or whatever bar) has been deleted? I know there is someway to check it within the computer and then you have to know a way to go from there/??

Computer history [ 2 Answers ]

I have project about the history of the computer and the development . May you help me plsssssssssss

View more questions Search