Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    applehead2007 Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Mixed Signals Driving me crazy!
    This guy I have been seeing for a couple months is confusing me. We had "the talk" the other day about where this is going, and of course, this is after we just had sex. We hadn't been getting physical for a while, just going out and having fun, so not like this is a purely physical connection here. Anyway, he told me point-blank that he is not sure what he wants. He said he liked me more at the beginning than he does now but he doesn't know what's wrong. He has never been able to commit to a girl for more than a couple months and then he finds a reason to end it. He actually told me, "You have made it farther than most," which I kind of took offense to. He doesn't want to see other people, though, which is weird to me. At first he said something is missing, then the next day when I said we should probably stop seeing each other for a while, he insisted that what might be missing is we are not involved enough with each other. Arrgh! Why does he want to be exclusive, but not sure if he even has feelings for me? And why spend more time together if something is missing? Any guys out there, or girls who have had this problem before, please advise me about this commitment-phobic guy because I do like him! Am I wasting my time? Help!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Im a guy, and I would NEVER tell a girl she made it further then anyone else. Secondly when he said I liked you more at the beginning then I do now, that should be your cue to exit. It sounds like he just wants to control you (I could be wrong cause I am not a controlling person). I think you are wasting your time with this guy. He likes to play mind games and you are letting him play his game on you.

I hate to even type this but could it be that he is keeping you until he thinks something better comes along? You can tell from your post that you are frustrated and it seems to me that's how he wants it. So I guess stay with him and get even more frustrated or don't stay with him. The choice is yours.
    applehead2007 Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Thank you for your reassurance... I was beginning to think all men were this crazy, but you have helped more than you know!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Anytime Good Luck with that!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2007, 02:49 PM
    You are what I call a chocolate muffin to him.

You ever have one of those HUGE chocolate muffins? I mean, the size of a plate muffins. They're so good... so you get in line at the store, you get one, and you're drooling. You take a bite, and it's heavenly. You love it. You ever try finishing one of those things? Near the end, you start to like it less and less... marginally decreasing...

Yeah. The whole "made if farther than anyone else"... here's a comeback: oh really? You lasted more quick than everyone else... yeah. That's not a nice thing to say to a girl you just had sex with. Jackass. Anyway, it's going to be sooner or later when he'll call it off, or just stick with you just for the sex, but it's not worth it.

... btw, not saying that everyone'll think of you as a chocolate muffin, just him. There're many guys out there that'll think of you as a ferrero rocher.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 02:54 PM
    He's giving you the runaround. You need to be the one to stand up and make a firm decision since obviously he isn't. If you feel that you should stop seeing each other for a while, then do it. Actually taking a break probably isn't a bad idea as it'll give him time to think things over and make him realize that you're not going to just sit around forever waiting for him to make up his mind. You've got a life too and you have the right to live it without being held back by his indecisiveness.
    LettuceBFrank Posts: 33, Reputation: 15

Dec 15, 2007, 09:36 PM
    I've got to agree with the previous posts...

If he is indecisive (oh hell, even if he know what he wants), it is always important for you to stay focused on what you want.

Don't ever let someone else distract you from what you want out of a relationship. If you are not getting what you want, only you can do something about it.

Long live the power of choice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mixed signals [ 6 Answers ]

After playing hot and cold with me, my b/f with whom I broke up coupla months back and then asked him to come back, have been sending messages like OK, let's meet for 1 hr or so to spend some time in a motel... what is he doing?. I mean he could've asked me out for lunch if he wished to really...

Mixed Signals from an Ex With a New Girlfriend [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the long story short.. after being together for almost 2 years my boyfriend broke up with me 4 months ago at the beginning of junior year of high school saying he doesn't want to be in a relationship right now and needs a break. We remained good friends and I gave him space. Things started...

What's Up With His Mixed Signals [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so this guy I have been talking to for a while says he really likes me, gives me romantic and playful hugs, and he always invites me over to watch movies on his couch together and cuddle... and he said the only reason he isn't dating me right now is because his best friend has a major crush on...

View more questions Search