Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilbear1972 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 03:12 AM
    Small capsule pill with white/blue little specks inside
    I found a pill that has white and blue little specks inside of it. I would like to know what kind of pill it is, and it's information. Thanks,

Derek
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2007, 03:16 AM
    Why do you want to know, please?

Dec 14, 2007, 03:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Just to figure out what it is because I found it in my house and have no clue where it came from
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2007, 03:25 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Originally Posted by lilbear1972 Just to figure out what it is because I found it in my house and have no clue where it came from
    Have you had any friends, relatives or other people over who might have dropped the pill in some way?

Dec 14, 2007, 03:35 AM
    I doubt it but I don't know anyone of my friends or family that takes medication.
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2007, 03:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbear1972
    I doubt it but idk anyone of my friends or family that takes medication.
    Ok. Even if you knew what this pill is, what would you do with it then?

Dec 14, 2007, 03:44 AM
    Throw it out, and since your not going to answer my ing question then...
    This

Dec 14, 2007, 03:45 AM
    My hair is at short/medium length and I cut it around 3 months ago, I haven't cut it since because I really want it to grow but I have many split ends because I straihten it a lot. Are there any home remedies I can try or particular foods I should eat to help it grow faster and healthier
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2007, 04:05 AM
    I am sorry that you are now logged off the site right now, Derek. I really was looking to try to help you as to what to do with the pill that you found. I know that you were looking for an answer as to what it is. However, that is an answer that I can't provide to you. I will answer you in a little more extensive manner in just a little bit. I hope that you will understand more of my rationale when you see my other answers. Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Please know Derek, that I'm not only speaking to you here, but others on this site. I don't want to dissuade you from using this site. But, I do want to give you and others an admonition concerning the proper identification and proper methods of disposal or finding out what a pill or pills are, and also, who a pill or pills might belong to, though.

Okay, perhaps a lesson has been learned here? Derek asks about identifying a pill. I attempted to find out some information in order to guide Derek in what to do about the pill that he has found. In his original question, Derek not only wanted to know "what kind of pill it is," but also "and it's information." Derek gets angry and blows up, because I have not simply identified the pill and it's functions as a pill. His reaction speaks for itself.

Why would a person want to know so much about a pill that they had simply "found?" For most of us, the answer is simple concerning a pill or pills that we might find and not know to whom it/they belong. Take it/them to a pharmacist for proper identification and proper disposal. Pills don't simply just "walk" into your home. Perhaps the pill is something that is really expensive to obtain and might need to be taken to the person for whom it has been prescribed? Derek doesn't seemed concerned as to whom the person the pill might belong only, what is the identity of the pill and it's functions as a pill. In order to be truly responsible and to maintain the integrity of this site, we don't really know the answers to those questions if we are to be truthful about it. Please see the post below this one concerning that. The far-reaching ramifications of being incorrect in matters such as this are well known on this site.

Just disposing of a pill by throwing it away and/or dumping it down the toilet, may not be a proper or good way to dispose of a medication or other type of pill due the risks of contamination to the populace in other ways because of those ways of getting rid of a pill. Ground water contamination, someone, perhaps a child, accidentally finding it in the garbage and thinking it is candy of some sort; perhaps a pet might find it and decide that it was food, etc. Taking a pill or pills to a pharmacist for identification and then proper disposal would seem to be the safest route to go.

(This answer is subject to revision. Thank you.)
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Below, is my standard answer when people ask qustions about identifying pills on this site.
    I would like to help you. But, ethically, I don't think that would be a wise choice on my part. What if someone here finds a pill that looks exactly like the pill that you describe, and then types or copies and pastes the incorrect information about the pill in an answer? What if the pill you found is actually a counterfeit pill and made to look exactly like some other pill?

The following is from the actual https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/faq.php...#faq_faq_rules of this site. All of the document below is very important. But, please note especially that which I have bolded in red in the following document.

II. Representations, and Warrantees and Responsibilities
    1. Members alone are responsible for the content they post.
    2. All posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author alone, and not Ask Me Help Desk.
    3. Ask Me Help Desk does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any content (advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through the Site) by any user, information provider or any other person or entity, so may not be held liable for any such Content.
    4. It's worth saying twice: Ask Me Help Desk does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any content on the site. Information obtained on this site may or may not be accurate. You alone are responsible for any action or inaction you take in your life based on information obtained on this site.
    5. While Ask Me Help Desk may monitor and control some content on the Site, it is not obligated to do so.

I would suggest checking out the information that you might find on the following site or preferably taking it to a pharmacist for proper identification and proper disposal. The site below is good, but not foolproof. But, to be sure, I would take it to a pharmacist. Anyone answering you here runs the risk of the ramifications if they answer and are incorrect no matter what you say the reason or reasons are as to why you are asking.

Below, is the site to which I am referring:

Pill Identifier - Drugs.com

I don't know what the pill is. I don't know you and you don't know me. I could say the pill was something that it is not. What might happen next? What if the information you have been given here is incorrect? Maybe the pill is something harmless? I don't know. What if you decided to believe what I said is true and then you take the pill and something bad happens to you because you have taken it when I have said that it is something harmless? What if I was really wrong and the pill could turn out to be something deadly to you if you took it, or you said that you asked an "expert" on this online site who said that they were really sure of what the pill was and that you should not worry about going any further with trying to identify the pill? There are people who really answer that way on this site. Please see information about that on the following link if you have any doubt as to people actually acting like theirs is the last word on the identification of a pill.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medicat...ll-144678.html

Reliable pharmacists are usually very easy to find around where you live, and can visit with you and see the pill first hand.

I'm not a pharmacist and I'm not going to pretend that I'm some sort of expert at identifying pills. So, unless someone is a pharmacist here and has actually seen the pill first hand that you have found and is truly sure of the reason or reasons as to why you are asking, even though they are trying to be kind and think that they are answering in your best interests, it is not in your best interests or in the best interests of any person here who thinks that they have the correct answer for you because of the possible ramifications when being incorrect when giving out such information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Small round blue pill [ 8 Answers ]

I found a small round blue tablet in a teenagers room. On is is what looks like the imprint of a body... any idea? Thanks

Blue pill Tyc 365 [ 2 Answers ]

What is a blue oblong pill with Tyc 365 printed on it?

What is a blue pill with either 100 or 400 on it. [ 3 Answers ]

Recently my best friend called me and found a roundish blue pill in her boyfriends pocket with either 100 or 400 on it and she doesn't know what is it. If anyone out there can tell me what is it or what they think it is I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks :confused:

Blue pill with TY c365 [ 1 Answers ]

What is this pill and what is it for?

Blue and Green Capsule [ 1 Answers ]

The pill isa blue and green capsule with then numbers 3328 on the side, what is it?

View more questions Search