Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azzr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 02:53 AM
    Canada/USA holiday visa with criminal conviction
    2 years ago I was booked to travel to Canada via Hawaii for a holiday. 3 months before I travelled I was arrested for producing and possession of marijuana... 1400g. With a pending conviction I applied for US and Canadian Visas and was denied by the US. I was finally fined $750au with no conviction recorded. What is the chance of getting a USA visitor visa now??
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Dec 15, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Once you completed the sentence imposed (ie. Fine) than you may apply again for a visa to Canada or the U.S. If there is no conviction than you should be o.k.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony conviction and travel visa [ 6 Answers ]

I was convicted of "transporting with intent to distrubute marijuana (450 lbs)" and served 8 and 1/2 years. I have another 3 years of supervised federal release. After my commitment is served, will I have any restrictions when applying for a visa to travel outside of the country? Are there...

Criminal Summons Canada [ 5 Answers ]

If I was given a letter that states that a criminal summons will be obtained by the Police what does that mean? The police were not called at the time of the incident. I was given this from the security guard at the store? Does that mean I WILL be chared by the Police? Any help would be great!

Criminal Records in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

How do they work? Once you have one what are your options? How long does it stay, what jobs are restricted is there any way to get rid of it? Thank you :)

View more questions Search