Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beaway Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2005, 12:32 AM
    I'm a new player
    How do you protect yourself in sports?

My right wrist achs a little after last weekend's execise. Maybe new players are always easy to get hurt:) So how do you protect yourself in sports? Is it useful to wear some kind of wristband?

I find the cotton one costs only $0.92 and looks very nice. Does it work?

http://www.opentip.com/index.php?cPa..._387_2295_2296

Any friend who ever tried this, please give me advice. Hope you have better idea and choice, or perhaps I would take the above ones and use as sweatbands if they cannot protect my wrist very well or my wrist recovers very soon.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2005, 06:20 AM
    Wrist
    Hi,
    I am sure someone else will be along, who maybe is a basketball player, and have some good suggestions.
    Personally, I would ask your coach(s) what he/she thinks. They would be in the position to know what might work and what won't. I do know that success in anything comes with hard work.
    Best of luck.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2005, 06:27 AM
    I think the issue is probably that where you are aching is an area that you were not "working out" previous to playing basketball.

I'd suggest a good wrist excercize:

Get a dowel, a long string and a weight. Attach one end of the string to the dowel and the other to the weight. Wrap the string around the dowel.

Now, roll up then unroll the string so that the weight causes resistance.

Soon you'll have the strongest wrists and forearms on the team!

Happy Hooping!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd player [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a silly question : is it possible to play a regular cd on a dvd-player ? Are there any dangers doing this ? Is it convenient or should I rather stay on playing it on a cd-player ? I am asking this because I am thinking of buying a dvd player and I do not know if I have to keep my cd-player...

Mp3 Player [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone Have Any Thoughts On Mp3 Players? Other Than An I-pod Which Is Just Too Much Money... any Suggestions? Thanks

Real Player 10.5 [ 12 Answers ]

Here's something that constantly bugs me.A few weeks ago,I had the misfortune to have to reinstall Firefox on my reserve pc,the one I use for trying out games,multimedia,and general programs,before I decide whether they are useful to be downloaded onto my main PC.Real Player 10.5 was successfully...

DVD Player/Recorder [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of purchasing a DVD Player that has the capability of "recording" at the same time. Can anyone help me find a quality (proven) device? I would appreciate hearing your recommendations! Thanks. Ponton

Real player [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any player --free- Which can play real media and avi files

View more questions Search