Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Dec 19, 2005, 08:21 PM
    It always shutting off... Help!!
    Hi there this is not really about software, but its about computer hope someone can help me... My prob is my monitor so many times that it always automatically shutting off or should I say blacking out... just like when you turn off your PC but the mine is I didn't shut off my PC but my monitor do... I'm afriad to push restart cause I my not be able to save my unfinish work in my PC... so this is really pesting me... anyone knows why is this happening.. :confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2005, 05:05 AM
    Are you sure that it's not going into hibernation?

If you move your mouse or tap a key on your keyboard, does it come back on?

If not, how are you getting it back on?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2005, 05:46 AM
    Monitor
    Hi,
    As rickj asked, does your monitor come back on when you move the mouse?
    I am not sure if this will help, but have you checked the Power Settings for the monitor? Is it set to turn off at a given time, say after 10 min?

You can check on this, and set your monito for "never", or after 30 min, etc.

http://helpdesk.nus.edu.sg/support/u...ower/win2k.htm

This link gives step-by-step instructions of how to check on it. It might not solve the issue, but it's a good place to start looking or troubleshooting.
    I do wish you the best of luck. If this doesn't work, please post back.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2005, 06:00 AM
    Good follow-up fred. Yes, the Power Setting is a more likely culprit than the hibernation.

Dec 21, 2005, 06:57 PM
    You guys are really amazed me, how can you know all about this thing are you using PC since your first born :D joke! You guys are very helpful to everyone, OK I'd set the power then but if that's the reason why is't sometimes my monitor didn't shut off... :confused:

Jan 5, 2006, 02:10 AM
    Oh guys... a couple days now since your advice about my monitor setting but now it's coming back it's shutting hobbit... now what is the possible reason of this if it's not about the setting... :confused:
    DanMart513 Posts: 13, Reputation: -1

May 3, 2009, 07:40 PM

Depending on type of operating system [o/s] go to START>CONTROL PANEL>DISPLAY>SCREEN SAVER::set the timer for NONE, or maxium time, and make sure that you pick a screen saver so that you know that you are on SCREEN SAVE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LapTop shutting down [ 1 Answers ]

My laptop keeps shutting down. I'm not sure if it is heat related because it could shut down after only a few minuets of operations or it can operate for several hours. I guess I could start with trying to clean up the registry and if that don't work look at the mother board as a potential...

Blowers are shutting off [ 3 Answers ]

I need some help quick! :o I am having major heater problems, I have had 3 companies come out to take a look at it but they still did not fix the problem (they still charged me for work they did and parts they added that didn't need replacing.) Anyway the problem is when I start up my heater...

Shutting down computer [ 2 Answers ]

Help! When attempting to shut down the computer via the "start" button, after being on the internet, a gray box comes up that says, "Outlook HTML Menu - this program is not responding. It maybe busy, waiting on a response form you, or it may have stopped running." Clicking on "wait, end task,...

View more questions Search