Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hayooya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 03:21 PM
    I guess I'm falling in love with a boy who used to be my best friend
    Hey , well

Um so there's this boy , he's my best friend.. but we're only friends , and I kind of find out that I'm falling in love with him :'(
    I don't know , should I just stop thinking about him and stay friends because I don't know if he has the same feeling :'( I'm confused
    enjay22 Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Dec 13, 2007, 05:28 PM
    I know its hard.
    But you're going to have to wait.

Sometimes, its best though not to fall for a best friend, because, the chances of ruining that friendship are very high.
    Try focusing that energy on a new guy, and try to keep that friendship close.
    I know that probably not what you want to hear... but, I think that's what yo need too do.
    Who knows.. maybe he'll see what an AMAZING friend you are.. and will start getting feelings for you too.
    It'll all work out.
    I promise.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 13, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Warning, Once the relationship changes, you may not be able to go back to being friends
    Its not unusual to have strong feelings for a friend, its normal. But should you act on them?? Give this a lot of time and thought, as the stakes are very high.
    mor3n4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 11:38 PM
    hey my name is jasmine ummm OK this is what I think you should do drop hits to him
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 11:44 PM
    If you ARE 19, and want to pursue it, go for it. You can build the friendship slowly and see what happens... If you don't try, you may always wonder, what if you had tried.

Certainly, it might not work out, but at least you will know that you tried. If you wait and someone else comes along, then that too will change your friendship.

Good Luck.
    crazy-mambo Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2008, 09:43 PM
    Hey
    It really depends on how you guys act around each other but maybe you could just come straight out with it, scary thought I know but just try it, say something like
    " can i tell you a secret?.. i really like you"
    And if it ruins your friendship then he wasn't much of a friend was he
    He should accept you for who you are no matter how you feel about him
    Good luck!
    xh3mpx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 01:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay22
    i know its hard.
    but youre gonna have to wait.

Sometimes, its best though not to fall for a best friend, because, the chances of ruining that friendship are very high.
    Try focusing that energy on a new guy, and try to keep that friendship close.
    i know that probably not what you want to hear... but, i think thats what yo need too do.
    Who knows.. maybe he'll see wat an AMAZING friend you are.. and will start getting feelings for you too.
    itll all work out.
    i promise.
    Well u know, my brothers. Ex-GF now. Was just friends which used to be all of Our best friends. Now. . Nothing don't talk to eitherof them. After they got together..
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Mar 26, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Um, you feel love, um, "YOU" have that feeling and that's all you need to know. Time will tell, be, um, patient and be yourself...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Falling in Love with My Best Friend [ 7 Answers ]

Hiya. I have a dilemma... I have a fantastic relationship with my girlfriend although we have been going a bit downhill recently... I can't help fantasizing about one of my best friends though, she is one of the kindest, most precious people in my life alongside my girlfriend and I think I may be...

I think I'm falling for my best friend? [ 3 Answers ]

*sigh* I don't even know what to do anymore!! My best friend fell for ME!! And when he told me it was kind of jokingly... and I'd laugh and just say "ha we will never happen." NOW... within the past week... I think I'M falling for him too... he still likes me because he tells me how he'd be...

Falling for your best friend [ 20 Answers ]

Hey, What should you do when you think you are falling for your best friend? I have known this friend 2 years ago when we first started uni. We click very well, and used to chat on the phone for hours long. Rumours started going on about us. BUT there was nothing going on between both of us. Just...

I'm in love: I guess [ 9 Answers ]

I'm in love with my tranier. So do I tell him. Or not? I've text him before but he doesn't write back. What does that mean? He doesn't call anymore?

View more questions Search