Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Dec 13, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Anybody have this?
    I just saw a write-up in G & A on a Smith and Wesson .460. They were claiming inch to inch-and-half groups @ 100-150 yds. Granted, that's all these guys do all day long...

Does anyone have any experience with this pistol? I am starting to get into the silhouette shooting and handgun hunting, and currently just use my S&W .357, with decent results. However, a bit more knock-down power wouldn't be a bad thing.

What do you think?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 13, 2007, 02:14 PM
    I can truthfully say that I have never seen anyone discussing guns on this forum. There is another new post about how much a nuclear bomb costs. And that is a first as well.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Hello, I personally did not like it, and I guess after enough 1000's rounds I may be able to group better. The balance of your 357 is hard to beat and it holds some good pattern.

Also what load are you using, their can be a 10 to 20 percent differnce in the 357 just because of the point and the load.

I have done the 44 mag, but did not like the weight for hunting.
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Dec 14, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    hello, I personally did not like it, and I guess after enough 1000's rounds I may be able to group better. The balance of your 357 is hard to beat and it holds some good pattern.

Also what load are you using, their can be a 10 to 20 percent differnce in the 357 just because of the point and the load.

I have done the 44 mag, but did not like the weight for hunting.
    The six inch barrel on the Smith does make for nice balance.

For silhouettes I'm using 160 gr. Jacketed.

For critters, I don't remember exactly. I think 150 gr. JHP. Slightly better velocity, and the JHP has good stopping power.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2007, 08:06 AM
    I do a 148 grain that I get reloads from the range. I will admit I still love me Glock since it is the one I shoot at the range mostly. The range I go to have dozens of other weapons you can rent for use at the range, so you can shoot all types and sizes of weapons, if you buy and trade a lot, sometimes they let you try them free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search