Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jane_ulloa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 11:28 AM
    What is needed to charge some one with back check writing
    I am wondering what kind of proof is necessary in order for some to attempt to press charges against some one else with bad check writing? And what is the charge a felony or a misdemeanor?:confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Hello jane:

If they wrote YOU the check and it bounced, then you have the check. Take it to the police.

If they wrote it to someone else, then THEY'RE going to have to make a complaint. YOU can't do anything. Oh, I suppose if you just want to call the cops on him, you can. But, that's not very nice.

excon
    450D Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2007, 02:07 AM
    excon gave you the right answer. The difference between misdemeanor and felony various from state to state.In some states any cold check over 100 dollars is a felony. In others 300 is a felony. The charge is called theft by deception.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hat Check Girl Lyrics... Artist name needed. [ 26 Answers ]

I desperately need to know the name of the artist who sang this song. I only know one line of the song at the moment and it includes.. "Pretty little hat check Girl from Reno..." It was an American male singer, possibly late 70's early 80's. Many, Many Thanks!

Rent check was returned what can my landlord charge? [ 5 Answers ]

My rent check was returned for "uncollected funds". My landlord now wants me to pay a fee of $35.00 for each check that was returned by THEIR bank. When I read the lease, it looks like I only owe a $35.00 fee for my check. The lease states: LATE FEE COSTS AND RETURNED CHECKS: If any...

Writing a Check w/Insufficient Balance to Cover It [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Isn't it a crime to write a check out to someone well knowing that you don't have the money in the bank to cover it? As I heard it from a colleague, this would be considered a crime, and a big one in Maryland (where I live). Is that true? I've had three instances with the same person...

What's the time limit for filing charges on someone writing a bad check [ 4 Answers ]

How long do you have to make charges against some for writing a bad check. It was a family member and I wasn't trying to go to court but she refuse to pay it's been a year and she's about to move out of the state.

Credit card charge back for breach of contract [ 2 Answers ]

I am disputing charges made on my credit card for services that a consultant promised to provide but did not provide (breach of contract)... a "charge back" was requested by me, and made to the vendor from mastercard. Documentaion was sent by the vendor, and a counter response, and evidence was...

View more questions Search