Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2005, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    I am definitely NOT looking forward to the bodily changes... especially the prospect of gaining weight. Hopefully the weight gain thing is genetic though, my mother didn't gain much.
    First of all... Congratulations! About the weight gain, we have 2 children and both pregnancies were very different but you worry if you are not gaining weight. It's totally natural of course and any woman who has had a child will feel a camaraderie with you. Beware of the tendency of many women to tell you any and all horror stories concerning pregnany, labour and delivery. Not sure why they do that but I guarantee you will hear it. From a fellow canuck to another, I hope this winter isn't too uncomfortable for you. :)
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2005, 05:37 PM
    Thanks NeedKarma! EEK yeah I am not looking forward to horror stories about childbirth, either! And I've already had a couple of people tell me theirs. It's like a competition or something, haha... who has had the worst pain, the longest labour, the worst epidural, etc. Yeesh. Again, I hope some genetics will come into play... my mother apparently had an easy delivery with me, and I was her first and only child.

As far as winter goes, here in Saskatchewan it has been surprisingly warm so far! It's supposed to go to up -1 for Christmas Day! Incredible! It kind of scares me though too... can't help thinking it's global warming...

P.S. Beaker is my favorite character from the muppets! :)
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2005, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bizygurl
    Hey Orange, Your welcome! I was in a similar situation Like you about 61/2 years ago. When I was twenty I had gotten pregnant w/my boyfriends(now husband) child, We weren't married but in my situation I wasn't ready to be a mom. But I wanted the baby and my boyfriends family decided to play the guilt trip that if we didn't get married then the baby would be born in sin, blah, blah. And how ashamed of me they would be. So we got married when I was 6months pregnant right after I had a life threatning condition. And I wasn't happy being forced to get married on someone elses terms. Mind you I was 20, and didn't have much a voice of my own. Like I said take it slow and enjoy your pregnancy, marrige is obviously important to you but don't let t cause to much stress. Im very glad I could be of some help.:)
    Oh blah about being born in sin. That sucks. I luckily don't have that problem... my biological parents are no longer living and my "adoptive" parents are just really happy and excited for me. Same thing with my partner... his parents are VERY liberal and never got married themselves! We just figured we were going to get married anyway and it's easier on the kid if we are, and I'm going to take my partner's last name, etc... overall it will be a lot better. Plus Alex doesn't like the fact that his parents never got married, even though they have lived common law for 34 years! It made him feel bad. So he doesn't want to do the same thing to our kid.

Abbie the Oreo cookie cat! Cute! :)
    wonderwoman2007 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    At this point your best bet is to finish what you started and tie the knot. Children need both a mother and a father, full time. You'll need careful medical attention throughout the duration of your pregnancy. Hopefully you have a reliable ob-gyn. Good luck!
    Um no they don't I know loads of kids, including myself, who were brought up just fine and had a great childhood, wich a single mother who worked full time, that's just oldfashioned bullhorn, it's the 21st century stoopid.

Anyway, congratulations on the pregnancy!
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

May 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Get married, be a mother and live happily ever after... Good wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 44 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: please somebody tell me if this sounds like I am pregnant. I started with a thick whitey discharge that didn't smeel or itch Veins especially in my breasts started to show more Breasts look like they have grown slightly Feel fluey, stuffy nose all the time but...

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Can I be Pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

View more questions Search