Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Avasean Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Dec 13, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Should We Wait?
    My husband and I have been married less than a week. We have lived together for almost 7 months, and we both want children. We plan on moving to Houston in March, both going to school and both working. I know that it would be difficult to have a child, pay for it and take care of it if we are both going to school and working, but he'll be going to school for at most 2 year (technical school), and I have no idea how long I'll be going. His classes are early in the morning to noon, so he will still be able to have a full time job. He says that I don't have to work, and --if we get pregnant-- I can stay home with the baby. However, I will still be going to school. I don't know when the classes start for me or how long they are. I know I need to find all this out before we get pregnant. We aren't really TRYING for a baby, but we aren't doing anything to stop it either.

Should we wait until we are both done with school or, since I can go to school and not work, would it be okay to have a baby?
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 10:13 AM
    If you want to do well in school and are working hard to pay for it, you should wait!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 14, 2007, 12:21 PM
    This seems like a simple answer to me -- wait!

My husband and I finished school first... now we're trying for a baby. Since you have a choice, waiting is the right one. It would make like much easier for all of you.

Oh, and CONGRATS on being a newlywed!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 14, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Congratulations on the wedding. Married life can be filled with ups and downs.

It is my opinion that you should wait. It takes time to get to know each other as husband and wife, rather than boyfriend and girlfriend.

Spend time with him, get your careers underway, then prepare for a family.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 14, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Congrats on the marriage.

I am in a similar situation... I've been married for 7 months now and I plan on going to college too. I have been debating with myself on which I'll do first kids or college... and believe me, I go back and forth on it every day!

I have decided to wait a little while to have kids mainly because I believe that if I'm not 100% sure that I'm ready then I'm not ready. You sound like you have some doubt whether or not to get pregnant now, and if I were you I'd wait. Having kids is a huge commitment, and you should wait until you are absolutely sure that the time is right.

And if you do think that right now is the right time to have kids than go for it. Children are an absolute blessing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To wait or not to wait [ 15 Answers ]

Would you rather date around while waiting for the perfect person to show up, or not date at all until you meet the perfect person?

Should I wait? [ 16 Answers ]

My on and off boyfriend has recently told me that he "needs time" to think. He keeps telling me that he loves me, but he needs time. We began dating in 2003 and broke up in 2005. We have been on and off since then. He is 6 years younger than me. We met and never knew how old we both were until...

To wait or not to wait, *confused* [ 15 Answers ]

Greetings. I hope to get some feedback and advice on the following situation. I met this girl through my room mate's brother over the summer. This girl was his rebound after he's GF left him. As the summer progressed, my room mate's brother got back with his ex after she wanting him back. ...

Should I wait? [ 3 Answers ]

I can't seem to get the right bit of advice. Someone help me out here! For the first 10 months of our relationship, my girlfriend and I spent nearly every second together, with only a handful of little picky fights. Nothing big though. I realize that this was a mistake because we had only been...

View more questions Search