Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huck5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 02:21 AM
    Hot water in wc cistern
    Hi could you tell me why I have really hot water in my toilet cistern,thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 13, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Is the toilet tank the only fixture that's affected? When you have hot water in the toilet tank it indicates a cross connection between the hot and cold lines. This situation can occur in several ways. If you have had work on your pipes recently or the most likely culprit would be a one handled mixing faucet. To check this I would take and shut down each individual mixing faucet, starting with the bathroom. Have someone hold the flush lever down while you shut each faucet off so the toilet's running Shut the lavatory faucet down and check the water temperature coming into the tank. Still running hot? Turn the faucet back on and move on. When you shut off a faucet and the water starts to run cold to the tank you have located the source of your trouble. Pull and change out the cartridge, flush out the supplies and you're back in business. Good luck, Tonm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plugged up Cistern? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with a precast cistern that was installed in 1979 that seems to be plugged up. I removed all the dirt from the top and located the square opening to gain entry. It was about half full so I decided to be a brave soul and went in. There was about one inch of really fine silt in the...

Loss of water pressure (airlock?) in toilet cistern. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm unsure whether this question has been asked before. I had a look around, but couldn't find an answer, so here goes: I turned the water supply to my house off last night (at the meter outside) in order to fit some new taps. Every time I do this, and then turn the water back on I get an...

WC cistern will not fill [ 1 Answers ]

2 years ago we had a new toilet fitted, within those years we've had 1 new cistern installed because the it would not fill and it's happened again. It's a low fitted. As anyone any idea what causes this and how to "fix it" Thanks

Air lock in cistern water line? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cistern supplying water to a mountain cabin. The cistern is full of water, but only a trickle comes out of the faucet in the cabin. It's a new installation and is far uphill from the cabin. Can an air lock cause this? How can it be fixed? BTW, there is a pressure tank in the water line...

View more questions Search