Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsmise Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 04:00 PM
    U.S. Postage stamps
    I have come across a lot of stamps that are 1, 2, 10, 15, 25, 33, 34, 37 cents. Am I able to still use these for postage?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2007, 04:30 PM
    I don't see why you couldn't use them for postage. I mean, we still do have old money in circulation that is still being used. However, the Postal Service would know better. You also might want to see if any of the stamps have a value beyond that of their current value as postage. It sounds like you have some that are pretty old.

For instance, just for the possible collector's value for a 10 cent stamp, you might want to have a look at the following site: United States Stamp Price Guide 1940-1945 -United States Stamp Values
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2007, 05:49 PM
    yes, they are still worth their face value, you will just have to put enough on, to equal the current value of postage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stamps [ 2 Answers ]

I have a stamp collection and I am looking for a site that I can see if I have any stamps that are valuable Can you please help me find a site for Australian stamps?

Small business postage costs [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a more economical way to send weekly mailers, I don't think we qualify for a bulk rate... just below

Problem about stamps [ 3 Answers ]

I could use a little help with figuring out this word problem. Could anyone help me? James bought 80 postage stamps for which he paid $18.40. Some were 1 cent stamps and some were 33 cent stamps. How many of each kind did he buy?

View more questions Search