Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolyn wilson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Car purchase
    My car is at the end of a 4 year lease. It is a 2004 Cadillac CTS. I would have to finance it at 15,000 to keep it. It has 77,000 miles on it. I can't afford more than 500 a month on a payment. I like luxury cars. Would it make since to...

1. Finance it as is
    2. Finance it along with purchasing a warranty with it
    3. Pay it off and purchase another car at that price with lower milege.
    4. Pay it off and purchase another car higher in price. (I would just have to budget more)
    5. None of the above... let me know what you think.

I also need to know where I can find the lowers interest rate of used cars.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 12, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Try determining the true purchase price of a car like yours. New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site

The$15K they want from you to keep it is their asking price, you don't have to offer it to them. It is now a used car and you can offer any amount you like.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Knowing that you can't afford certain cars are important also. I like large boats and homes with swimming pools. But I know I can't afford those.

77,000 is not many on a car, I have 260,000 on mine

First unless you were using this for business, leasing it to start with was a bad idea and most likely cost you a fortune in cost.

But if it is a good car, I would buy it, pay it off as soon as possible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property purchase [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a mobile home through owner finance on payments for seven years. How do I get that included onto my credit report as an active entry since I did not go through a finance company? Will this entry help my credit score improve?

Looking to purchase my first home [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: I am in my late 20's and am looking to purchase my first home within the next few months. I have been on my job for 3 years, and I make a decent salary for my age. I ran my credit the other day and it looks as though I owe about $800 on my credit. I recently purchased an 06 Chevy, interest...

Purchase of lot [ 2 Answers ]

We are purchasing a lot from a seller with intent to build. To make sure we don't miss anything, what documents are needed? What should seller provide? Thanks:)

View more questions Search