Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LovelyAndAmazing Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Fuhow big will a Miniature daschund be when full grown?
    How big will a Miniature daschund be when full grown?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2007, 10:33 AM
    It won't be very big and will be under 15 lbs easily.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2007, 11:00 AM
    My S&S dog book gives 9 pounds. You might find better info at American Kennel Club - akc.org. Of course dogs don't read breed standards and often violate them. Most dogs end up close to their parents in size with females often smaller than males.

They sometime ignore what the book says about temperament too.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2007, 12:45 PM
    I called two of my friends who have a mini dachsund a minute ago and one says her dog weights about 11 pounds, the other says hers weighs around 8 pounds but he is a little younger than the other.

So they're just little dogs. :P
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Doxies are considered mini if they are under 12lb.
    12lb-15lbs they are called tweenies
    Anything over 15lb's is considered standard.

I also have a mini - he is 10lbs. Be sure to be care of the amount of food and treats that you give your doxie. When they are overweight they are more prone to back problems. I am sure you will just love yours though, they are the sweeties things. Even when they look at you with the face that says "oops did I do that!?!?!?"
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Good point on the weight. Best thing to do is evaluate the dog using LongLiveYourDog.com - Life Span Study - Rate Your Dog and adjust its food as needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I control my miniature daschund? [ 5 Answers ]

I own a male miniature dachund approx. 2 and 1/2 yrs old. Although normally a well behaved pet in doors I find that his behaviour is out of control if any one come to the door Also if I bring him for a walk I find that he will try to attack any dog he comes into contact with and proceed to growl...

Size of dog when full grown [ 2 Answers ]

How big will my dog be when full grown? We have a 4 month old Maltipoo who now weighs 5lb 4oz

Litter box training a miniature daschund? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I have a miniature daschund that is about 8 months old. We have him housebroken pretty well (he never makes mistakes). However, we are gone for a large portion of the day for work and we are usually unable to make it home to let him out. I heard that it is possible to litter box train...

Full grown of my puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 months old daschund puppy and he is 6.5 pounds the breeder told me that he's going to be no more than 11 pounds, he's dad is 11 and he's mom 8 so, I want to know the full grown of a doxie.

Mother pushing boundaries of full grown daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Im in my 50's. I am an independent ,mature adult who is well respected by all who know me. I decided a few years ago that my mothers lying, breaking promises, telling people my personal information that threatened my security and more things she did that I told her was detrimental to our getting...

View more questions Search