Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crmfilling Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Henri Jourdain etching
    I have an original etching #7 Henri Jourdain "Road in Autumn in France" #7.
    It is signed and sealed in a gold frame 311/2 X 271/2 inches total the canvas is 461/2 60 cm. How do I find its value?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2007, 12:59 AM
    One thing to do in order to get a start on finding out the value of it, would be to look on the Internet for similar items by the artist that already have or will be sold. Here is one such search. Looking for similar items on eBay is one way. Henri Jourdain eBay - Google Search

Another way is the following image search. Henri Jourdain - Google Image Search

You also might want to click on the questions that have been similar to yours on the bottom of this page and see what the answers have been. It is possible that Henri Jourdain's works were part of those that were a part of the Paris Etching Society. A link to information about that society is contained on the following link. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/pa...ad-155531.html

Other possible resources for you would be people at an art gallery, teachers of art at a high school, college or university, books on art that are available at public libraries and bookstores, and, asking an auctioneer.

Ultimately, what a work of art is worth in monetary value depends on what someone is willing to pay for it.
    yaterbob Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 08:17 PM
    I recently sold a Henri Jourdain Aqua Tint etching and owned it for about 4 years and had it listed on numerous internet store sites and also on live eBay auctions and on eBay for sale. I never sold it there. I had it listed form $500-$750. I ultimately sold it in my Gallery for $345. In original quality frame and mat. I hope this is some help. Robert- Robert's Fine Art on beautiful Monterey Bay California.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Paul Emile Lecomte Etching from Paris Etching Society [ 2 Answers ]

I found an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte issued by the Paris Etching Society entitled "The Stream" and number 109 SLZ. I am not familiar with Etchings but I would assume that they are similar to limited editions. Is this of any value? Thank you

Paris Etching Society-Henri Jourdain [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for any information on an etching purchased by Henri Jourdain entitled"Road in Autumn in France" Thank you

Etching Henri Jourdain [ 1 Answers ]

I also have a print Route on Automme, France by Hewnri Jourdain. In the left corner in a circle there is a mark (52L) This has the original backing. I am wondering if there is any information on this for its worth? Thank you

Henri jourdain [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 original and signed etchings by henri jourdain 1 is le vieux muir impression no 102 2nd is fin de joir impression no58 And 3rd is le soir impression no123

Henri Jourdain [ 1 Answers ]

I have an etching titled "Road in Autumn in France, by Henri Jourdain. It is a Geniune etching, signed, and framed. What is the value?

View more questions Search