Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terrymeason Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Tenant not paying rent
    IN Kentucky, what do I file if tenant is not paying ent after 7 days notice?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2007, 08:36 AM
    I am sorry, this is going to sound mean, but why and how do people get into the rental business and don't know the law or procedure.
    You will go to the housing court, ( normally in your county courthouse and/or the sheriff dept office) and file for an eviction hearing. You will go to court and get a hearing, and the court will issue an official eviction date)
    terrymeason Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 11:01 AM
    I know that, I was asking what the name of the document is. There is a specific name a documant to be filed here in Kentucky and it is not an eviction notice. That comes later. My attorney told me what it was, I wrote it down and then lost it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant moves in without paying first/last/sec [ 4 Answers ]

I am landowner in Florida and a prospective tenant verbally accepted to rent house I own. I mailed lease which states first last and security are due upon move in. Tenant mailed back signed lease with only first month rent and tenant got keys from previous tenant who was moving out. Now tenant...

Roommates not paying rent. [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend had a couple move in with us. We do not get along at all and it was decided around a week (nov.24) ago that they were going to move out. We found another person to move in and take over the rest of the lease. This person can't move in till mid January. They promised us to pay...

Can a tenant leave without paying rent due? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I tried finding the answer to this question, and I can't seem to find anything on this: The situation is that one of our tenants owes a substantial amount of rent, we just got a letter from them saying they want to leave in 30 days and set up a payment plan (they owe a lot of money and...

Tenant not paying rent with new owner [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, When I sell a rental property and tenant decides not to pay the rent with new owner, am I in risk for any type of lawsuit by new owner? Thanks in advance, Bo

Eviction and still paying rent? [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is living in a crappy apartment that she is to pay 650 dollars a month for. Her and her exboyfriend are on the lease but he doesn't pay his half of rent. The landlord told her that if she payed 325 of it she could just move out. Now she is saying that she is going to evict her and she is...

View more questions Search