Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lez Posts: 73, Reputation: 7

Apr 21, 2007, 06:28 PM
    See how things go when your face to face and just hanging out togeather just take it day by day get to know each other that bit better so you can feel the same way as talking on the phone. Like with chatting on line the phone is an easyer way of talking as your not face to face with each other find the true person she is and decide from there.
    VADawg Posts: 92, Reputation: 1
    -

Apr 23, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Any opinions on my last updated post?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Honestly how do you expect us to keep up with all your questions and not be confused?? What's wrong with just adding on to your old post so we can at least get the picture without reading all the other posts??
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Apr 23, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Oh is there other posts?

Go slow , get to know her again as if it's a new relationship,
    Don't jump back to intimacy, she needs to earn your trust again.

Also in my opinion a girl may not come directly out with a "im sorry and want to get back together"
    So act like your in control for now and if it's a girl you just began dating.
    -

Apr 25, 2007, 06:56 AM
    What does this mean?
    So after about 2 months of no contact my ex (the dumper) called me and wanted to catch up. She made it seem like she wanted to get back together and she wasn't going to go with any other guy. Her family even told me she wants to get back together with me. Fast forward about a week to today. I haven't heard from her for awhile and I'm wondering what's up. I don't want to call her because I don't want to sound like I need her again. So I went on her myspace and checked things out. I noticed she had her top friends hidden, so I made them visible because I know how to do things like that. I found some 21 year old guy was her top friend and I was number 9 out of 12. It kind of surprised me considering she told me I was her best friend and the best guy in the world a week earlier. She also told me how her friend tried to hook her up with a 21 year old guy and she wasn't interested at all. So I was like okay, let's check this guy out. The profile was private of course.

It just seems kind of odd to me because she wanted to call me so much last week, and now she's acting so distant. Maybe she really is busy and hasn't updated her friends list for awhile? I don't really know. What do you guys think?
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 07:13 AM
    I think she hid those facts from you and make no mistake you are in the friend zone, and it's a good bet that's as close as you'll ever get. There can be no more denial so move on.
    -

Apr 25, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I think she hid those facts from you and make no mistake you are in the friend zone, and its a good bet thats as close as you'll ever get. There can be no more denial so move on.
    I just find it kind of odd how she said she'd never date anyone more than a year older than her, and now this guy is suddenly her top friend on that stupid site. But whatever, you're probably right. I guess the only thing I can do is move on and stop calling her. This is BS and I can't take it anymore.
    teri2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 4

Apr 25, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by VADawg
    My thread posted a couple days ago was about her getting back in contact with me after about 1.5 months of no contact. Today I was talking to her cousin and apparently she wants to get back together with me. My ex left a message about 15 minutes ago for me to call her when I get it. I keep saying that I don't want her back and at this point I'm not sure I do, but it's going to be so hard saying it to her. I still really like her a lot but I don't want to get hurt again. Would it be wrong to say I need more time to think about it? Because right now my mind is racing all over.
    If you don't want to get hurt again then I suggest you move on. My ex calls me after a period when he does not hear from me. I always fall back into him talking me into giving it another chance and when I do he does something to make me think about why I broke up with him in the first place. So I just don't have anything to do with him at all because it's a game to him. He does not want to lose me totally but he still wants to be in other realtionships. I am too good ofr him and he knows it and frankly I don't have the time or patience to be dealing with such an emotionally unstable man.
    Fritzane Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 09:29 AM
    I don't think there is anything wrong in the love relationship since you people still communicate and have fun while enjoying your conversation! In love when we are tired of seeing our love ones we don't call it a break up but we call it a break since you guys are just having a time off your busy love schedule.You are still beginning and you just had 1.5 months break.I know of cases of more than a year or 2 but through these time there is no communication or greeting.Anyway as time unfolds just give us the feedback and we shall know what to add then.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 08:02 PM
    What people say / do and what they actually think are two completely different things.

You need to move on from her I think.

And seriously, who cares what 'ranking' you get on the myspace friend list. That's child's play.
    -

Apr 26, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    What people say and do are to think completely different things.

You need to move on from her i think.

And seriously, who cares what 'ranking' you get on the myspace friend list. Thats childs play.
    I usually don't look into it much, but this was I time that I did. I just thought it was odd that the 21 year old guy that she told me directly she wasn't interested in was #1, and I, the supposed "greatest guy in the world", was #9. This coupled with how she's been acting distant this whole week and hasn't called when I know she was home all day.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Apr 26, 2007, 06:29 PM
    The reason she called you was probl;y cause she has been seeing this other guy but he may have gone a bit cold on her and she was feeling a bit worried so she thought she would give you a call and see if you weere still there for her and then she would feel better about things knowing if it doesn't workk with hthe new guy she still has you. This happens a lot she just wants to make herself feel OK and you're the one who is there for that. Definitely no answering calls from her for the next two weeks it may be hard but it must be done you must not let her use you as the fsall back guy. Don't be stupid let her wonder what your doing turn it around on her she can be your fallback girl tell yourself that. No contact for a fortnight don't worry what she says. Ive learnt one thing neverv listen to what they say not even during the relationship. My ex broke it off with mne 5 months ago for two weeks we got backl together and then I kept my distance all was going great she even said I'm feeling so good about you lately and I thought well this is going great but then I slipped back into seeing her too much and she said not much has changed in the 5 months and I said what about what you said last month and she said what doid I say? See you can't believe anything if they say they love you during the relationship just say "i know you do babe" give them nothing they'll rip you apart at the first sign of weakness...
    -

Jun 26, 2007, 09:10 PM
    My ex hints at getting back together but hasn't said it directly
    Every time we meet up we flirt like crazy and she tells me how she still likes me more than any guy. For some reason though she hasn't asked me to get back together. It's been over 5 months now since the breakup. She's gone out with other guys but they never worked out. Like a few days ago, I went over her house. She was talking about marriage and how many kids she wants to have one day. She started asking me how many I want and how she couldn't handle twins, and asked if they ran in my family (like she was going to have her kids with me). Then awhile later I heard her talking to her mom about how this was like our first date again, but never said that to me. The way she hints at this stuff makes me suspect that she wants to be with me ultimately, but she won't say it directly.

She's the one that broke up with me, so I don't know if I should just ask her flat out if she wants to start a relationship again. I'm all for it but I don't know if she wants it. We're both going to the same college in the fall but she's going into the marines in January. I think that might be why she hasn't asked, but I don't know. I guess it comes down to if it would be okay for me to ask her out again, or if I should just wait for her to do it.
    dreamguy Posts: 58, Reputation: 13
    -

Jun 26, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Maybe this link from loveshack will give you an idea of what is going on. This is advice from a female dumper who now regrets what she did and wants her ex back. It's worth the read. I don't necessarily agree with all her advice. Perhaps she doesn't seem to understand that some dumpers make contact to string their dumpees along indefinitely.

Advise from a Dumper.... - LoveShack.org Community Forums

Not to give you false hope but some dumpers who want you back may be reluctant to come back because of their pride. This could be what is going on in your case. You have a pretty good idea about her personality. Is she the type who is stubborn and too proud to admit when she makes a mistake?

But I don't think you should take the risk of asking her to try again. She has to be the one to swallow her pride if she really wants to come back. If she really wants you back then her interest level in you will eventually cut through that pride of hers. Just continue to keep her at a distance.

If I were you I'd try not to get my hopes up about the hints she's giving you. Hints don't count. She still has not said the magic words you want to hear. I sent you the above link just so you can look at your situation from a different angle. I'm not encouraging you to take it as gospel.
    Expert

Jun 26, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Sounds as though she has plans for her life and doesn't need a relationship to get in the way. Sorry guy but you may be just wasting your time and if you can't just enjoy the company you should, move on and stop holding out hope.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Jun 26, 2007, 10:22 PM
    If you want her back now is your chance. Take a chance, you can definitely not ask her to be in a relationship but there is no problem in doing the complete opposite. This is what I would do to make you get the truth out of her.

Next time she rings or whatever tell her, you don't think it's a good idea if you guys talk at the moment because yourve decided to start looking to become involved in a relationship again and you don't think it would be fair to have an ex around because it would not be right for any new girl that comes into your life...

Tell her this!! It is showing that you are after a relationship not saying with her, you are actually pushing her away which will pull her towards you.

Do this its showing your ready to find someone and therefore if she wants to be with you she will say but what about me or she will then say why don't we try again...

Do this because it will allow you to get your answers!!

Do it Let us no what she says...
    mikeles99 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2007, 10:36 PM
    I have been through many relationships and the best advice I can give you is this. It is hard to say what she really wants. Your perception may be distorted by the fact that you obviously want her back. You may be mistaking her comfort with you as more than she intends. You don't want to scare her away, but want her to know you are still interested. Tell her you are glad you are still friends but still think about her.. . this way you are not coming on too strong and she is somewhat forced to fill in the blank.
    -

Jun 26, 2007, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamguy
    Not to give you false hope but some dumpers who want you back may be reluctant to come back because of their pride. This could be what is going on in your case. You have a pretty good idea about her personality. Is she the type who is stubborn and too proud to admit when she makes a mistake?

But I don't think you should take the risk of asking her to try again. She has to be the one to swallow her pride if she really wants to come back. If she really wants you back then her interest level in you will eventually cut through that pride of hers. Just continue to keep her at a distance.

If I were you I'd try not to get my hopes up about the hints she's giving you. Hints don't count. She still has not said the magic words you want to hear. I sent you the above link just so you can look at your situation from a different angle. I'm not encouraging you to take it as gospel.
    She is DEFINITELY a stubborn girl. If she doesn't get her way she does get antsy and can throw a fit. This is just another reason why I think she wants to get back together, but can't admit that she was wrong in the first place. When we discussed what happened with our relationship she really was saying stuff I already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Sounds as though she has plans for her life and doesn't need a relationship to get in the way. Sorry guy but you may be just wasting your time and if you can't just enjoy the company you should, move on and stop holding out hope.
    You know, I really have no problems with a friendship. I'd consider her one of my best friends because we get along so well and have fun together. I'm just tired of her flirting with me and acting like she wants to get back together only to not say anything about it. I just wish she'd give me a direct answer about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mckenzie134
    If you want her back now is your chance. Take a chance, you can definately not ask her to be in a relationship but there is no problem in doing the complete opposite. This is what i would do to make you get the truth out of her.

Next time she rings or whatever tell her, you dont think its a good idea if you guys talk at the moment because yourve decided to start looking to become involved in a relationship again and you dont think it would be fair to have an ex around because it would not be right for any new girl that comes into your life...

Tell her this!!! it is showing that you are after a relationship not saying with her, you are actually pushing her away which will pull her towards you.

Do this its showing your ready to find someone and therefore if she wants to be with you she will say but what about me or she will then say why dont we try again...

Do this because it will allow you to get your answers!!!!

Do it Let us no what she says...

Hah... I don't know. That just seems like it would push her farther away than before. But if I did do this it wouldn't be a lie. I am interested in another girl and I'm not going to wait around for my ex to make up her mind. I'm actually going on a date on Sunday with a new girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeles99
    I have been through many relationships and the best advice I can give you is this. It is hard to say what she really wants. Your perception may be distorted by the fact that you obviously want her back. You may be mistaking her comfort with you as more than she intends. You don't want to scare her away, but want her to know you are still interested. Tell her you are glad you are still friends but still think about her. . .this way you are not coming on too strong and she is somewhat forced to fill in the blank.

Nah, she has made it pretty clear that she still likes me. I want her back in a way, but I have also healed enough that if she doesn't come back, I won't fret about it. It's not distorting what she is clearly showing me.

People around me are just giving me so many different answers too. My family is saying I should make a move and ask her about it, while you guys are saying I should let her do it. I really am not sure.
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Jun 26, 2007, 11:12 PM
    Hey, why are you guys always afraid of false hope or losing face??

VAD, I bet she is waiting for you to make the first move. You are a man, at least show her that you are serious about this, being in half-way is not a great idea. Suggest her about the getting back idea. Do it playfully like " what if we get back together?" Or "last night i dreamt about us holding hands, getting back together"... If she loves that story then there you go! THere is nothing to lose and nothing wrong to know something.

Make the first move like your family :D I'd looking forward to your good news :D YEAH
    dreamguy Posts: 58, Reputation: 13
    -

Jun 26, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Well here's my take on where to proceed from here. If you really love her and want her back then set a marker or deadline in your mind. Maybe give her 1 month to swallow her pride and say what she feels. If after a month she still hasn't budged then move on. You said it yourself that you have healed enough to the point where you can do just fine without her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

Michael jordan back to back mvp how much is it worth [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how much the Michael jordan back to back mvp is worth. Any one please help1

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

Interlocking plate back to back feed [ 2 Answers ]

If I use a interlocking plate to backfeed my main(homelite 200amp)from my generator... from my garage... can I use the braker that is feeding the garage if I put it in the proper place to accommodate the interlocking plate? It's a 220 30 amp braker... so part of the question is... will the...

View more questions Search