Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 17, 2005, 02:21 PM
    Someone with legal knowledge, please check this out!
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...4533#post64533

This started as a relationship problem,but there's more to it, please help if you can..
    Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 17, 2005, 02:46 PM
    Custody
    There is a lot of issues, and sadly even politics. Different states view custody different. ( also don't expect the police to do anything if this is a family custody issue unless there is a specific court order)

Even then often you will have to go back to court to get the other party in contempt before the police will do much.

What the person needs is an attorney to file in family court for custody, visitation, or something. But even with custody rights, believe me the other party if they don't want you to see the child can find all sorts of reasons not to let you.

Also if the court orders are from one state and they live in another, many states ( I have nightmare stories from TX) may not honor the court orders from other states and require you to actually file again in their state.

(This is why often parents who actually get legal custody have to actually have someone "kidnap" their own child and take them back to the state where their custody papers are honored)

The only real hope for issues like this is legal help.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 17, 2005, 06:20 PM
    A legal question for myself now..
    Is there any chance to find out about 'blood rights' to become a citizen of the US in these hard times? My father was a US citizen and I'm not sure he's still among us, but would so much like to find out about the laws of Kentucky where he's from - any advice? Everyone else in my family is a US citizen except for me, since born out of wedlock. But I bet you know where every fiber of my heart owes it's loyalty.

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 17, 2005, 06:32 PM
    Born
    Citizenship is not a state law but a federal law. If your father was a US citiezen ( you have to prove he was your father) then you should not have a problem being reconised as a citizen.

But then if you are not one, there is procedure to become one if you merely wisht o contact the INS department nearest you.

What is your legal status to be in the US at this time if you are not a US citizen, what type of visa are you on.

Sorry about the one post, I though this was a discussion of child custody discussion,
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 17, 2005, 07:00 PM
    It did get kind of confusing there until her last post, so I thought I'd do her a favor and steer her in the right direction.

I live in Germany now, and that's where my mother was from and I should have left after she died, but at that time I still had a good job and was healthier and not in a hurry to leave this blah blah blah country.
    One of my two brothers currently resides and works in Las Vegas, and plans to move to Oregon soon, the other is also in the US Army, and my daughter works for the US Air force as a civilian here in Germany. That is also a reason I stayed on, but I feel the urge more and more to "go home" some day and would like the opportunity to do so to live with my brother without feeling like a 'foreigner'.

My father, step father, and two brothers are US citizens and so was my ex-husband who I was in the states with in several places, my daughter was born in Hinesville, GA and I have an old visa which probably is no longer valid due to my divorce, however I still have a Social Security Card somewhere if my mother did not destroy it (that's another story). My step-father (who's SSAN I do remember) was going to adopt me in Hinesville in 59 or 60, but we were sent to be stationed in Japan for three years before the circuit judge got a chance to get to Hinesville 3 days after we left Georgia. And when we came back from Japan, my mother was no longer interested in making me 'legal' as she gave him two legal sons by then and did not much care about what my future would be like. Do you think there might be records of this still there?
    The proof of my father acknowledging me as his is on my German birth registration request to include his State, and date of birth and that he was a US soldier stationed in the town where I was born. Unfortunately at that time he had no Social Security Number, only a RA (Regular Army) number which I do not have. It is ironic that my daughter was born in the same place we were stationed almost 20 years earlier..

My up-bringing and schooling was all in US military or Department of Defense Schools in Japan and Germany except for one year in Hinesville in 1958, but my mother helped these papers vanish as many other documents in my life. She even destroyed the passport where she and I were included when it expired. I had to request notarized copies of the documents I have now, to even prove that I exist. The only other US document I have is my daughter's birth certificate from Hinesville, and she could not have been born there without me in 1976. She a bicentennial Georgia Peach.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asking for knowledge! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi thank you so much that U answered my quseting. So I have other questions hope I get answer to them. 1\ What is the advantage of using a low pressure switch to control Compressor operation? 2\ What should I do to set low pressure swith in order to maintain A cabint...

Jumpstart and Knowledge adventure problems [ 5 Answers ]

I have some older software from the jumpstart and knowledge adventure series of educational games that my kids use on my win xp system. I am having problems with these even after using the instructions provided by each of the software's websites. I have placed the programs in both win 95 and 98...

Increasing knowledge [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Sir / Madam, I would like to enhance my 6 year old daughter's overall knowledge. I send her to the best school in the area, but still I would like her to have more knowledge than she acquires from her school. What should I do? Please help me in this regard.

Knowledge repository [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me what a knowledge repository is. Can you tell me what one is and can you give me an example of one. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

View more questions Search