Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davetherave1950 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Gray hair
    Is there a way to get rid of gray hair without all of the chemicals? I do not want it to affect my hairs texture or body.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 11, 2007, 06:34 PM
    If you want to cover your gray hair and hesitant about using a permanent hair color, try using a semi-permanent hair color. Semi-permanent hair color will cover the gray without altering the natural color. This type of color will last 6-12 shampoos or more.
    davetherave1950 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Thanks for your polite response. You have been helpful but since I shampoo my hair every day, that will likely not work for me (6-12 days at the most). I guess I will live with it as the one time I tried coloring my hair it bacame very brittle and dried out. Since my hair is very soft and naturally curly that was annoying to say the least. Thanks again.
    David
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 11, 2007, 08:28 PM
    I didn't know you wanted to permanently cover your gray hair. There are permanent hair color that contains no ammonia or peroxide which is less harsh on the hair than regular permanent colors. You will find these at your local pharmacy in the hair care aisle. Hair color tends to dry out the hair. Be sure to use a good conditioner after you shampoo to restore moisture in your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gray Hair [ 4 Answers ]

Is it normal for a 19 yr is getting gray hairs?

Gray Hair [ 2 Answers ]

How do I allow my hair to come in gray gracefully? I can't handle the ugly root dilemma!!

Unintentional gray hair [ 1 Answers ]

I had bleached highlights in my hair and recently went to get my hair dyed back to my "natural" color, a dark blonde. It turned out a very DULL brown with lots of gray tints (mostly on the ends/in the front where the highlights used to be). I just bought a blonde toner with activator but am too...

How do I let my hair go gray? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 43 years old and have been coloring my hair for 20 years. My hair dresser says that I'm about 90% gray. The maintenance to keep it covered is difficult... having to color about every 3 weeks now. I feel that I would like to let it go gray, but don't know how without looking...

Gray hair too much [ 1 Answers ]

I am 57 years old. I have been completely gray for about five years. My hair was originally very dark brown (almost black) and long. I started getting gray in my 20's, so I spent years coloring my hair. I finally decided to let the gray grow out. Now, that it's completely gray, it seems to be...

View more questions Search