Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denised782 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Judgement frozen bank account--and paying on
    I had a judgement against me. I was paying monthly as agreed upon. Just recently the place of business froze all my accounts (including my child support account). I was not notified by the business nor was I notfied from the bank. Do I have any legal rights to sue or do anything else as I was paying every month?? My November payment they were holding in my file when the froze my account.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Was the agreement in writing? Were you at all late in making the agreed upon payments?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Once they have a judgement in court, there is no requirements to be notified of any freeze or garnishment of your paycheck.

If you had a written agreement that was worked out in court, or agreed to and signed by both parties, and if you were not one day late in these, no they can not do this, but if you did not have a written agreement and if you were late at all on a written agreement, yes they still can
    denised782 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Once they have a judgement in court, there is no requirments to be notified of any freeze or garnishment of your paycheck.

If you had a written agreement that was worked out in court, or agreed to and signed by both parties, and if you were not one day late in these, no they can not do this, but if you did not have a written agreement and if you were late at all on a written agreement, yes they still can

I had a verbal agreement to pay $50.00 a month. Nothing was in writing. There was nothing stating I had to pay it on a certain day of the month either. I have been sending my payments out on the 15th of every month. A while back I did pay one month but I doubled up the next month and they did not freeze my account then, so why with me paying in a timely fashion freeze it now? I can't even get a lawyer to touch my case as the business I am dealing with is very big.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Without a written agreement in place, they can use the judgement any tme they want. You can try going back to the court and ask that they vacate the garnishment order on the grounds that you were making and they were accepting, monthly payments. Whether that will be granted or not, I can't say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen bank account [ 2 Answers ]

How long can they freeze your account and how long before they can freeze it again in New York

Bank account frozen [ 2 Answers ]

I had a judgement with rubin&rothman that I have been paying for 2 years I recd a letter saying I owed 110.89 and I would be paid in full, I paid it, unfortunately the check bounced, so I forgot about it and sent another one a few weeks later which was a few days ago, yesterday my bank account was...

My bank account is frozen [ 2 Answers ]

My bank account was frozen I am trying to get restriction release, The debt collector said they would release it if I show them proof that the money in the acct. is my dads pension ck and ss check. They are requesting copies of checks and bank account statements, before they release the money.?...

Bank Account Frozen [ 3 Answers ]

My Dad's bank account has been frozen. He is unemployed and what ever funds he has in his account is for rent and medicine. I called the credit card company and they want $600. A month and $100. Thereafter. The total amount due is $1,200. My dad is willing to pay $50-$100 a month. But the attorneys...

Frozen bank account [ 2 Answers ]

Can a bank place a hold on or freeze an account without some type of judgement or court order in Maryland?

View more questions Search