Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2005, 11:25 PM
    Recurring theme in dreams
    For years, in practically every dream I have, whether it's a pleasant dream or a nightmare, and in whatever setting the dream is, the house I lived in at age 5 is present. In nightmares, I'm trapped in the house or someone is trying to get in to hurt me, etc. In pleasant dreams, the house is just "there" in some respect, like I see the house from a distance, or I'm walking through the house, etc. In fact, every time I dream of a house or any building for that matter, it's THAT house, and I remember details of the house very vividly, down to the wallpaper and cracks in the floor.

The funny thing is, there's nothing particularly special about this house. I'm 26, and because I spent most of my childhood in foster care, I've lived in DOZENS of houses. I didn't live in this house for very long, either... maybe a year at the most. I lived in it with my biological mother, but I lived at other locations with her too. I can't say I particularly loved or hated this house, or that anything good or bad happened there, either. It was just one of many places. I was used to being a "nomad".

What I've gathered from my study of dream interpretations, including Freud haha, is that dreaming of a childhood home can mean desire to start your own family, a sign of lack of security, or that you are reliving aspects of yourself or your emotions that were prominent when you lived in that house. But... none of that really satisfies me, because of what I said above... the house was just NOT that important.

Anyway, just curious for input, and you needn't be psychic. Anyone else have a recurring dream theme like this? Thanks for any comments.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2005, 05:24 AM
    Houses
    Hi,
    I can understand why you might be having recurring dreams about houses!
    You have been in a lot of them.
    Dreams are the sub-conscious, a way of "letting go" with things that we think about the most. For example, If I were to think about something all day, whether good or bad, I would probably dream about it that night, or the next. Whatever is on our mind the most, occurs in our dreams.
    Here is a site with a good explanation of dreams. I know your aren't a "kid", but the site has some good information.

http://kidshealth.org/kid/feeling/th...ightmares.html

Since you have moved many, many times in your childhood, this is still on your mind. Eventually, the dreams should turn to something else. I'm not a psychic, just an "everyday" older person! Best of luck to you.
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2005, 02:22 PM
    Wow thanks fredg, I never thought of that explanation at all! You may very well be right. I will check out the kids link right now. I don't care that it's for kids as I was one for most of my life so far! :) And yeah I don't care if you're psychic or not... I'm more interested in a "psychological" interepretation anyway, just wasn't sure which category to post this.
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Jan 9, 2006, 10:21 AM
    Orange
    Someone close to you is sucking the very life out of you. Wants your life, is jealous of you and is closer to you than you know. They tell you they are there for you, depend on me, I've always been here for you. But they are not acting honestly and do not have your best interest at heart. Its not that they are going to physically harm you but emotionally the damage is being done to you. Now and is still on going. They talk behind your back bad about you and you cannot trust what is going on. Im getting it could be a female best friend or no wait relative it is a female relative I get mom grandma you tell them all your business and you need to stop. If this person could literally become you they think their life would be perfect they think you have it made money and love and dress and the way you look, but it is an act of jealousy. Im getting that you know excatly who this person is. Peace ranieri
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ranieri
    Im getting it could be a female best friend or no wait relative it is a female relative i get mom grandma you tell them all your business and you need to stop. If this person could literally become you they think their life would be perfect they think you have it made money and love and dress and the way you look, but it is an act of jealousy. Im getting that you know excatly who this person is. peace ranieri
    ?? I don't have any female relatives, or any relatives at all for that matter. My mom and grandma are both dead, have been for years. I'm an "orphan" so to speak, although I am an adult so I don't really consider myself an orphan anymore. Unless you mean in-laws of course. And I don't know who the person is at all actually?? Please elaborate.
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Jan 9, 2006, 12:49 PM
    Orange
    Then it is someone whom you have as a mom figure in your life, someone who's advice you take with heart and devotion ranieri
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 04:52 PM
    The only person who could possibly fit that category is my "adoptive" mom, and she is a very classy, wealthy doctor's wife. She looks better at 62 than I do now at 26. She's had a great career of her own, has grown children who she gets along well with, and no regrets that I know of. She's also very blunt, to the point where if she envied me at all she'd definitely tell me. No question about it. Also, I had these dreams for several years before I met her. There are no other mom or grandma figures in my life right now. Thanks for your answer, but I think you're way off base.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Recurring dream [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having dreams about my first love since we broke up in High school. I haven't spoken to him in 6 years. I always wake up broken-hearted and really missing him. It's not every night but every couple of months. I always remember the dreams that I have about this guy. It's driving me...

Wimbledon theme music [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - can anyone tell me the music that is the theme tune for Wimbledon each year? Thanks

Recurring dream theme [ 1 Answers ]

I would appreciate some help trying to figure out the recurring theme I have for some dreams. I keep pondering and I'm just not sure. In these dreams I see words that I can never make out what the words are. In one particular dream I told myself that next time I dreamed about seeing words or...

View more questions Search