Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    regis47 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Felons in IT?
    Is IT a field where a felon can get a job? Got a question already posted about being an OTR Truck driver. Have not given up on the idea but the FEC won't pay for training in that area for a felon with less than 10 years on a felony.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 02:46 PM
    IT is no good unless you know computers well. Have you graduated in computer science technology. That is what you need for an IT job if I am understanding you correctly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 04:49 PM
    The IT can be tricky, since some companies may have rules against those with felonies having access to their company computers.

But on trucking, so FEC who ever that is, won't pay for traiing, if you want it, you work save the money and pay for it, 1000's of men and women every year pay for their own truck driving training without it being paid by someone
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 01:07 PM
    There are now government loans available for truck driving school. Call your local trucking school and they can give you more information on this. The average school today costs $6,000. Some times OTR companies can pay you back or pay your loan if you work for them say 12 months. Very flexible arrangements can be made so don't think you have to save up this amount. Contact your trucking school and ask what are your options so you don't have to shell out money up front to go there. There also is something called a PELL grant from the government also but you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for felons [ 4 Answers ]

HI. I'm interested in finding information about grants available for released prison inmates. This information would need to be useful in assisting them in starting businesses, buying a home or just anything in general in helping them and their families getting back on their feet.

Passports for Felons [ 4 Answers ]

Are convicted felons elible for passports in the state of Florida?

Felons and passports [ 7 Answers ]

I am a convicted fellon for weed. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can get a passport or if it is a waist of time to try for one? Please let me know. My email is [email protected] thank you for any info you can give me

Ex-felons and Marriage [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Delaware, Ohio and me and my fiancé are both ex-felons and both on parole. We love each other and want to get married so we can be together. If we get married, can we get in trouble or can they violate our parole after were already married?

View more questions Search