Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mustang0529 Posts: 252, Reputation: -1

Dec 11, 2007, 10:33 AM
    !family issues!
    I lives with my b.f and his family for almost 3 years now that I am pregnant they decided to kick me out but my b.f is with me 100% he has this sister who is 22 and I'm only 17 she has been stealing my clothes underware and bra's... and also the mother I have been giving her money weekly is there anyway I can take them both to court!! :confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Hello mustang:

No. You have to pay something for living there. Plus you probably have no proof about the underwear and you probably don't have receipts to show the court how much you paid for them.

So nope, Young Lady. You can't sue those people. They're not very nice, but for your boyfriend sake, you should TRY to get along with them. It should be a lot easier if you're not living with them.

excon
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2007, 10:38 AM
    The Judge would most likely say that the family has been more than good to you so you have to eat the lose. By the time you pay the fee to sue and the aggravation it might not even be worth the trouble. Not only that if you take them to court it would more than likely case more hard feelings and tension between them and you.
    Can your boyfriend try and reason with them and try and get his sister to give you back some of your clothes. Or could you grab what is yours when it is in the laundry or would that cause problems?
    excon is right too!

Dec 11, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Yah actually I do and I didn't need to pay her the only reason I was paying her was because her husband went to jail and I have saved every recipt!!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Is it your goal to totally alienate yourself and BF from his family? Suing them will accomplish that. How much do you think a court will give you for used underwear, anyway? The value of clothes once worn is only what you would pay at a thrift store. (I know because I have filed claims for UPS for the last 20 years and that's the way it works.)

Don't worry about the underwear - the important thing now is establishing a home for that child you are carrying.

Dec 11, 2007, 11:29 AM
    No no I'm not saying I want to wear it I want my stuff back but she won't give it to me!! I'm talking about mainly my clothes and if anything have her pay to get me new underwear and stuff!

Yes I understand but I need someway to get that family back they kicked me out with no money wuts so ever and no where to go!! I need to get them back I need help on that!!

No no there is no way because she called the cops on her son so he wants nuthing to do with her and also she is putting a restraining order on me so that way I can't get my stuff!!

There is no way I would ever get along with them because of them calling the cops and sending me out on my with my unborn child!! So no there's no way!!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Why can't your BF get your stuff? Does she have a restraining order against him, too?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2007, 11:46 AM
    You were living in the home and paying something to the household. Therefore you could have been considered a tenant and they couldn't just throw you out. But since you have apparently already left, there is little you can do about that part. As for your clothes, you said the cops came and forced you out. That is rather unusual and indicates there is more to your story that you aren't telling us. If a restraining order was issued there had to be a hearing, didn't you appear and testify?

If you are only 17 where are your parents? You are still legally a minor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Issues [ 16 Answers ]

Okay here goes a long story. Hope you are all ready for it. When I was 17 years old I left home. I had a baby sister at the age of 4 when I left. There was many problems. Many fights. Many things that led me to leave home. I went very very far away. I came back to visit a few times. ...

Family friend has issues with girlfriend of 5 years [ 5 Answers ]

Okay a friend of my family is having problems with his girlfriend of 5 years (also a family friend). They are constantly argueing and degrading each. Lately she was getting on him cause he needed a better paying job (he was working for a moving company). Well she was degrading him calling him a...

Family issues [ 5 Answers ]

Is It Normal For Family To Give You Up To Children`s Ade And Now That I Am 20 And Have My First Apparment They Want Something To Do With Me What Does That Mean ::

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

View more questions Search