Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adeles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Medicare Part J
    My mother is 81 years old and is on medicare and has Plan J. She recently received her Social Security Check and was deducted $32 for Rx under the medicare plan J.

Do you know why a charge is being made for this as she is covered under AARP (United Healthcare) for prescriptions and pays a monthly premium. Why is Social Security charging an additional $32?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 02:50 PM
    I had to pay a deductible before I went on my meds through OHIP (Ontario). It is a $l00. So could be that is part of her deductible for the one year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

70's movie part live action / part cartoon [ 3 Answers ]

It was about a boy who found a dragon (the dragon was the cartoon part) and a family tried to take it away from him. They were trying to make a profit off him or something. Its characters look run-down kind of like chimney sweepers back in the day.

Spouse outside US for part and in US for part of the year - file single or joint ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been working in the US (RI) since Aug 2006. My wife has been living and working in India all this time. However, in Aug 2007, she came to the US (CA) on an independent work visa. For financial year 2007, would it be beneficial / correct for us to file taxes individually or jointly...

Power goes out in part of house w/out tripping breaker Part 2 [ 2 Answers ]

How would I use a voltage tester? Would I go from outlet to outlet measuring the voltage? I've gone around the house and tightened outlets and opened the panel and tightened the screws that were not tight. I haven't seen the lights dim since I tightened everything. Thanks a lot! Gbrown

Medicare [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I see ads on TV for insurance that costs the same as medicare. I didn't know medicare costs anything. Does it? How much? Why? excon

Paid SS and Medicare while in F1 [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm very confused. I worked on my F1 (OPT) from June 15th - December 19th 2005 but my company deducted social security and medicare taxes (it's a small company and they didn't know any different). On December 19th I switched my status from F1 to H1b. Apparently I can claim a refund...

View more questions Search