Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Evans_nc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Being threatened with Fraud
    I have a friend of mine that is stating they are going to state that a charge on their account was fraud. I have my paycheck deposited into their account. They informed me that they wrote a check to pay for my cell phone bill. It never showed. I went online and paid the bill, which came out of their account. They are now trying to say that it was fraud because they never authorized it. They did authorize it when they tried to do it the first time and it didn't go through. And it was my money in the account when it was paid. Can they report this as fraud?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Hello Evans:

Sure, he can report it, and he might too, if he's not your friend anymore. But DID you commit fraud? I don't know.

How did you get the account numbers and passwords to access the account if he didn't tell you? If he did, and it looks like he did, he's going to have a hard time proving you shouldn't have DONE anything with those numbers.

So, if he calls the cops, he's a snitch lousy friend. But, I wouldn't worry about what the cops'll do.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Threatened by collection agency [ 6 Answers ]

Less than two weeks ago we received our first phone call from some "company" that only left their number and a name (Kim Carroll). Ms. Carroll instructed my wife to call her back immediately I returned the call and found that Ms. Carroll was "getting ready to file arbitration paper on behalf of...

Threatened By Debt collector [ 3 Answers ]

Back in 99 I had a Sunoco credit card I filed bankruptcy in Feb 01. Some how this credit card wasn't included in the Bankruptcy case. The debt was sold to Asset Acceptance corp. I've been harassed by this company for a year now I explained about the bankruptcy case and they told me they would...

Threatened miscarage? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am just in to my 7th week pregnancy. The night before yesterday, I had an unusual ache in my lower area, not abdomen. It only felt tneder when I sat down or ran. The next day(yesterday) I had a really dark brown bleed followed by a little dark red. I laid up for the rest of the day and by the...

Being threatened by debt collectors [ 4 Answers ]

My grandmother baught a car and it ended up being repo'd. That was over a year ago.Now there is a company and she isn't sure if it's a law firm or a collection company.The letter she has says both it says that she now owes 9000.00 on the car.She is also getting calls from them every day.They are...

View more questions Search