Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    James W. Acker Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Dec 16, 2005, 07:27 PM
    Carbon monxide and the white chalk ash present
    Can someone give me the chemical make up, or any information, of the white chalky ash that is sometimes produced when carbon monxide is created. I have found it many times when doing a carbon monoxide test on heating systems and carbon monxide was found. I have not found, it that I remember, if carbon monoxide was not found.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2005, 07:40 PM
    Hard to say. Natural gas forms no ash, and oil, very little. Could it be zinc oxide from acids in the combustion fumes attacking the galvanized ducts? If you know much about HVAC, stick around. Bunch of questions here not getting that good of answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wood Trim manufacturing and Carbon Fiber [ 4 Answers ]

I have a jaguar S-type 2005. The gear shift knob handle on it is made from real/authentic Honey Burl wood (which matches the rest of the car's interior). Anyway, I was wondering how to manufacture a piece like this (like a 3D solid piece, NOT a flat type piece). I have researched that the...

Sodium to Carbon? [ 6 Answers ]

1. Is it possible to convert Sodium to Carbon, if so, how? 2. How does one remove electrons from an atom who's first and second shell are "static"? 3. Is it possible to add an negative charge to the first shell of a Sodium atom and thereby converting it to another element without having to...

3-D sidewalk chalk art [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry; not a question, but check out some of these incredible 3-d sidewalk chalk drawings: http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm .

View more questions Search