Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JGibson Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2005, 04:13 PM
    Basement Finish
    I am in the process of finishing my basement, about 800 sq ft consisting of a bedroom, bathroom, and rec room. There are three existing heating vents, one in the bedroom and two in the rec room. I am thinking of adding a vent in the bathroom and another in the rec room near a window. This is heating only, does it sound adequate? Do I need to add cold air returns? Perhaps one in the bedroom and a second in the rec room?

Thanks,
    -John
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2005, 04:45 PM
    I don't have that much experience, but I think a vent in each room should work. You do need return vents. If the air can't flow out of the room, it won't flow into it either. If you are not up on code for arc fault breakers for bedrooms and GFIC for the bath, better post on electrical and lighting.
    EZHangDoor Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 03:12 PM

If you are installing a bedroom in the basement, it will require an egress window to comply with building code. This is a means of escape in case of fire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Going to finish my basement... [ 7 Answers ]

hello. I'm starting the infamous "basement project". For starters, the floor is not level. The house if about 45+/- years old. It's not on a huge or uncomfortable pitch, but the floor leans slightly to the floor drain. What I'm wondering really is where the 3 floor support posts are under...

When did WW2 start and finish? [ 7 Answers ]

When did ww2 start and finish and whyn did t start pleas give in dtale

Boyfriend Can't Finish with me [ 13 Answers ]

Hi there. My boyfriend has not been able to finish while having sex with me since December of last year. We have sex on a regular basis, and he says he truly does enjoy it, but can never get that build up. It frustrates us both because he has always had some trouble, but was able to do it before...

Basement finish [ 1 Answers ]

Does a 20 amp breaker require 12/2 wiring? Also, is there a standard number of outlets and lights (2x2 flourescents) that are standard on a 15 amp breaker (code states 2,880 watts maximum, but I don't know how many outlets this equals).

I need to finish school, but don't want to end it. [ 4 Answers ]

I fell in love with a beautiful woman at my original school, but she moved away the next semester because she didn't fit in. We did the long distance relationship for nearly eight months (our total time going out is thirteen months). So, to show her how strong I felt about her and to try out a...

View more questions Search