Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Bleeding while brush my teeth
    I constantly find blood on my toothbrush while I am brushing my teeth in the morning.

Just a little, but quite often.

Am I lack of certain Vitamins?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Sounds more like gingivitis or gum disease. Go see a dentist and have your teeth cleaned and ask about preventative or curative rinses, toothpastes, etc. Make sure you brush, floss, and use mouthwash several times a day, and after each meal. Brush in small circles, and don't push way hard, that's not good either. Use a firm toothbrush, but not a "hard" toothbrush. Make sure you use fluoride toothpaste.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 10:17 PM
    It could be from sores or abrasions in your mouth, or simple gum irritation because of brushing too hard. Use a saltwater rinse to aid in healing and to toughen up the inside of your mouth. Consider switching to an electric toothbrush, and pay attention to how hard you are pressing when using it. There's a new one on the market that alerts you if you press to hard.

Have you been bleaching your teeth? If so, and the bleach got onto your gums or the roof of your mouth, it could cause sort of like a chemical burn, which would cause bleeding. If this is the case, stop bleaching and again, rinse with saltwater to promote healing.

Make sure you are flossing before bed; if food particles have been rotting between your teeth all night it could cause gum irritation. Also make sure you are flossing CORRECTLY, many people do it wrong. ADHA - Proper Flossing

Make sure you are drinking lots of water, if you are dehydrated you can have oral problems as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

Brush lettering on a wall [ 3 Answers ]

So, we decided that it was time for my son to get a new bed and since he shares a room with his sister, it would make sense to get bunk beds and give them more space. Well, that lead to... since we're taking everything out of the room lets shampoo the carpet... okay, let's paint too,. okay, so, I...

Neighbor won't trim brush off my property [ 3 Answers ]

My neighbor has a brush not bush growing well over 3 feet onto my yard. Its very unattractive and mosquitoes love it. I have ask her to trim them. She called the police? Of course I had no Problem with them but she still has refused to clear the awful mess off my yard. It also blocks my view out...

Craftsman Brush Wacker Starter Rope [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 32cc Brush Wacker, Model No. 358795800. How do I install a new starter rope? Is there a manual available?

Type of Brush for Lab [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, What type of brush do you recommend using on a lab. He is 9 months old and we have noticed parts of his fur are turning brown. I think it is the dead hair as when I touch the hair and pull a little it just falls off. TIA

View more questions Search