Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bugaboo1001 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Spilled water on my dell Laptop.
    So I accidentally spilled a glass of water onto my Dell Laptop, and after letting it dry, I can turn it on and do anything as long as it doesn't involve typing. No key works. Is this something that can be replaced? Or do I need to buy a new computer?? :confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Yeah you can get a keyboard pretty cheap ($20. And up) at K Mart, Wal Mart, Best Buy, etc...
    Keyboards - BestBuy
    As you can see there is a wide price range. Make sure the connection fits your computer.

My neighbors always say to wait 24 hours before trying to turn on any electronic stuff that got wet.
    Sometimes it is helpful to blot up the water and use a hair dryer too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Well a lot of lap top key boards do not interchange, and I don't know where at walmart to buy them, guess if someone seen lap top keyboards there, they must.

But on my dell, I have had to replace 3 keyboards over the past 2 years anwyay. I call them, they mail mine to me, and send instructions by email how to replace it.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 06:32 PM
    In the electronics department with the computers, stereos, TV's etc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell Laptop Computer [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Dell Laptop Computer and some how I locked the keyboard, it won't work, none of the keys.. how do I unlock it?? Even though the internal mouse works.. just not the keys.Right now I'm on a different computer, if your wondering.. Please help me

I want to wipe out my Dell laptop [ 1 Answers ]

For numerous reasons. Its so slow anymore I can't multitask. Ive tried everything I can think of to speed it up. I don't have much on it to reinstall except my USB Network adaptor. How hard is this and what CDs do I need to set it back up again?

I cannot read CD in my Dell Laptop [ 8 Answers ]

I could not open CD in my Dell Laptop. It gives the following error message. ------ Severe ------- Self-Registration Error: C:/Windows/System32/MacroMed/Flash/Flash.ocx When I looked into C:/Windows/System32/MacroMed/Flash. It has, besides Flash.ocx, Flash8.ocx Flash8b.ocx Flash9.ocx

Dell laptop [ 12 Answers ]

How to hook up wireless to internet

Dell laptop [ 6 Answers ]

Tried Several Things Need Help Trying To Connect Laptop To Landline Using Free Netzero I Have A Network And Modem Card All In One I Can Get It To Dial And When It Says You Are Loged On And It Verifies Password Then It Disconnects And Starts Redialing The Next Number...

View more questions Search